+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hank - Suitor

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 30something
    I haven't posted on any boards lately, but I need to chime in on this one. Let me say that I worked in the mental health field for 9 years, and over time you get better and better at getting a read on people. I'm not saying my judgment is full-proof, but at least credible.

I have some serious concerns about Hank. It isn't just the football or dishes thing or what he said to Lisa about taking her clothes off. It's more of an overall feel that I get when I watch his eyes and body language. It's like there is some serious problems lurking just below the surface. I'm not sure he would physically beat her, but I do believe it would turn out to be a very emotionally and mentally abusive relationship.

I don't usually vote on any of these shows, but I did register 5 protest votes for Evan. I honestly can't believe there are women on this board taking up for Hank. Evan is a great all around guy that Lisa would have fun with for the rest of her life. But Lisa has made her choice clear, and once that one year is over and the money is in the bank then she'll get her just rewards.

30something
    I would possibly find your opinions more credible if you had actually talked to Hank or been involved in testing him...but just observing him on a tv show....not so much. There is a psychiatrist on staff with this show, and these guys went through all kinds of testing before they got into the top 10....I'm sure Lisa knows the results of those tests, and if there were concern about his mental status it would have been seriously addressed. Some of the posts about Hank around here surpass good-natured bashing, and downright border on slander.

FORT Regular
    Anyone in Mental Health will tell you that 3rd party observation in a real world environment is much more effective in predicting problems than testing and interviewing in a controlled environment. I don't base my feelings on what the other guys in the house are saying, but it does seem to be a confirming factor with a lot of them saying the same thing. And I don't buy tht it is jealousy. Joe in particular does not strike me as a jealous type, but he seemed to be the most adamant that their were problems with Hank.

I just hope others such as myself registered votes for someone other than Hank. If Hank doesn't win the vote, and the million dollars is off the table then he'll be long gone.

30something

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 30something
    Anyone in Mental Health will tell you that 3rd party observation in a real world environment is much more effective in predicting problems than testing and interviewing in a controlled environment. I don't base my feelings on what the other guys in the house are saying, but it does seem to be a confirming factor with a lot of them saying the same thing. And I don't buy tht it is jealousy. Joe in particular does not strike me as a jealous type, but he seemed to be the most adamant that their were problems with Hank.

I just hope others such as myself registered votes for someone other than Hank. If Hank doesn't win the vote, and the million dollars is off the table then he'll be long gone.

30something
    Do you think that you are viewing Hank in a "real world" environment? Doesn't really seem that way to me. If there were something seriously off about Hank's behavior, why haven't the guys reported it to someone (such as the psychiatrist, who again, 'is' on staff and available), why don't they give a specific example rather than some vague "she doesn't know him as well as she thinks". Joe probably didn't strike you as jealous because he wasn't as into Lisa as he was into winning some cash (didn't take him long to start hitting on Laura)....and there are plenty of stories about Joe on this board from people who know him, he doesn't sound like he is entirely credible....in fact, the reason I disliked him from the beginning is because of the way he exaggerated and grandstanded constantly. It seems to me a few very vague comments made by a few of the guys have morphed into something totally different......and my original point was that I just feel it is somewhat reckless to try and add some credibility to wild speculations just because you've worked in mental health (you stated your opinion was credible....therefore giving the appearance that there is truth to it, when it is in fact just your personal speculation). Hank is very competitive, which doesn't make him abusive by any stretch of the imagination......he may be a bit of a Type A personality, but so what? Lot's of people are and don't have some evil demon lurking in them. I happen to think Hank really cares for the girl (don't know for sure that it's love yet, but I do fully believe he cares)....and I think that he'll stick around even if they don't get the money. Either way, I hope they will be happy together and prove wrong all those who made reckless accusations without having anything concrete to base them on.

FORT Fanatic
    It still cracks me up all these people bashing Hank - you know why - because he seems too good to be true - you can't find anything really wrong with him so you are making things up. Lisa and Hank found a real connection despite the odds and the rediculousness of the situation - good for them.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin
    It still cracks me up all these people bashing Hank - you know why - because he seems too good to be true - you can't find anything really wrong with him so you are making things up. Lisa and Hank found a real connection despite the odds and the rediculousness of the situation - good for them.

Nothing wrong with Hank except I wonder what he finds so appealing in Lisa. He can do better

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDayz
    .... There is a psychiatrist on staff with this show, and these guys went through all kinds of testing before they got into the top 10.....

I wonder what Robert's results from the psychiatrist were like....

FORT Newbie
    I think Hank is a control freak but, more importantly, I think he is a really bad match for Lisa. He wants a woman who has a career and is somewhat independent-- he has made that clear. Lisa is like a little spoiled kid-- she wants someone who makes alot of money, lets her play house with her kids and requires her to do little more than look pretty and flash those frighteningly white teeth. I don't think Hank is that guy- someone more pathetic like Joe probably was.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin
    You know what they say about a free lunch and things that seem too good to be true, dontcha?

Hank is on his best million-dollar-winning behavior right now, and still the control-freak/angry man leaks through. Women ignore these things at their own peril. But I don't really care if he wins the thing - aside from being cheated out of the entertainment value of Robert winning - and I'm not "bashing" him out of jealousy, trust me I wouldn't have him handed to me on a silver platter. Not even if the platter were lined with a million dollars.

How can anyone tell how someone is by watching this show. For one thing, they edit it judiciously and try to find fault with each guy. They want the controversy over the lead candidate, probably so people won't vote for him and the the show will be more titillating. Now that she has made it clear he is her choice, however, they are stuck with a NO for anyone else. Also - the rest of the guys are jealous. They know he's the one she wants and not them so they will talk trash about him as much as possible.

Hank and Lisa will probably get together whether they get married or not and whether or not American chooses him. Will it last - maybe, maybe not. Who knows. But - he IS the one SHE wants. No one else will win.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    How can anyone tell how someone is by watching this show. For one thing, they edit it judiciously and try to find fault with each guy. They want the controversy over the lead candidate, probably so people won't vote for him and the the show will be more titillating.
    Finally a voice of reason. LOL

I have been wondering the same thing myself. How can anyone think that they are capable of knowing or judging any of these guys by the 20 minutes a week of edited television they see of them each week.

I love reality tv shows but I do try to keep in mind that although they are called 'reality' shows they are in no way 'reality'. lol

I am just so amazed that people think they know that someone is a 'wife beater' or 'sleaze ball' or any of the other names I have seen used for some of these guys just by watching these shows.

I say take it for what it is..........entertainment and remember that is all it is!

BE entertained, pick your favorite, imagine what will happen. Enjoy the show.

+ Reply to Thread