+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hank - Suitor

I am not convinced that Hank wants to propose. The show next week will be quite a sideshow with all the questions about how the show will be set up for a potential wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    Too bad Lisa forgot the idea behind THIS show, unlike the Bachelorette, was for America to pick her husband, not her. Next week's show will now be so BORING if Hank wins--gee, will she or won't she accept?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Cool_Dude
    Yep, he is a wife-beater.
    Well, I don't know if he's a wife-beater, but he's sure a controlling son of a gun. Did you all notice the language he used when Lisa didn't want to answer his question about who her first choice was? He said something like, "We'll talk more about this later," instead of something indicating that Lisa might have a voice in what happened.

I didn't have anything against his asking her where things stood. I think that was an important and necessary question that would help him to know what he wanted to do if chosen. But there was something about the way in which he talked that had an "I'm in charge and you really don't have a say in things" tone to it.

And I thought that it was interesting that two of the three other guys actually warned Lisa off of Hank during this week's show.

Robert told her about his dream about saving her from a dragon and said that the dragon was Hank. And Dominic at some point (maybe onstage after being dissed) told her that Hank wasn't who he seemed to be and said that she should be careful about jumping into a relationship with him (or something like that).

And Lisa just blew it off, so I guess she'll deserve what she gets (but will hopefully have enough sense to get out of it, if he's as controlling and abusive as some here have suggested he might be).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Maybe Hank said they would talk about it later because he didn't plan on having it recorded in toto for America to hear. I'm sure that they probably did discuss alot of other subjects later that the cameras and mikes didn't broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    Maybe Hank said they would talk about it later because he didn't plan on having it recorded in toto for America to hear. I'm sure that they probably did discuss alot of other subjects later that the cameras and mikes didn't broadcast.
    I didn't object to him wanting to talk about it later. IMO that was a good plan. These were important things to talk through.

What I objected to was the way he said it. When Lisa was uncomfortable and didn't want to answer right then. He could have said:

* "Ok, I understand that you need to think about it, but I'd like it if we could get back to this later."

* "Can we come back to this later. It's really important to me to know where we stand."

* "When can we talk about this?"

Any of those responses (and plenty of other ones) would have indicated that Lisa had a say in deciding what they would talk about and when.

But he said, "We will talk about this later." Not a very partner-like attitude is all I'm saying. He tends to tell her what to do rather than putting things in a way that asks her opinion on things. Not a style I'd be comfortable with if someone did it to me on a regular basis.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I am not convinced that Hank wants to propose. The show next week will be quite a sideshow with all the questions about how the show will be set up for a potential wedding.

Well if Robert wins, then Hank doesn't have to propose and he and Lisa can just continue with their relationship. But I do wonder what the show will do for an hour if there is no wedding or even a proposal.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    ..... I do wonder what the show will do for an hour if there is no wedding or even a proposal.
    Show previously-unscreened outtakes from Robert's dates? (Oh please oh please!)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    Show previously-unscreened outtakes from Robert's dates? (Oh please oh please!)
    Show previously-unscreened outtakes of Hank's dark side?

That would be a bore that everyone would immediately tune off.

Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    Show previously-unscreened outtakes of Hank's dark side?

I think Lisa is just desperate to move out of her grandmother's home and have Hank and a million dollars. Even if it means that Hank will use the money for his dream farm and vineyard while she works and have his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss

But he said, "We will talk about this later." Not a very partner-like attitude is all I'm saying. He tends to tell her what to do rather than putting things in a way that asks her opinion on things. Not a style I'd be comfortable with if someone did it to me on a regular basis.

FORT Regular
    I haven't posted on any boards lately, but I need to chime in on this one. Let me say that I worked in the mental health field for 9 years, and over time you get better and better at getting a read on people. I'm not saying my judgment is full-proof, but at least credible.

I have some serious concerns about Hank. It isn't just the football or dishes thing or what he said to Lisa about taking her clothes off. It's more of an overall feel that I get when I watch his eyes and body language. It's like there is some serious problems lurking just below the surface. I'm not sure he would physically beat her, but I do believe it would turn out to be a very emotionally and mentally abusive relationship.

I don't usually vote on any of these shows, but I did register 5 protest votes for Evan. I honestly can't believe there are women on this board taking up for Hank. Evan is a great all around guy that Lisa would have fun with for the rest of her life. But Lisa has made her choice clear, and once that one year is over and the money is in the bank then she'll get her just rewards.

30something

+ Reply to Thread