+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Jay
    I thought Robert A was going to take Lisa to the gym for their date.

The problem with all the guys seemed to be their lack of question-asking ability. I.e. some of them were "better" conversationalists, i.e. the so-called front runners actually paused and listened to her speak, but whenever she was done speaking even the "great" guys would continue talking about themselves, rather than ask her follow-up questions or new questions.

And I really found it annoying when different guys would say, "I really wanted her to get to know me". I keep wondering, "don't you want to get to know her??"

I agree with Dorothy31, i.e. didn't plan on watching this show, but now I'm hooked! I hate to admit that the AI format really works here..and it keeps me watching.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Newbie
    I was laughing out loud while Robert was being humiliated in front of millions of people and the funny thing is the moron is probably too stupid to know it.

Shazzer, I think problem is, they guys THINK they know her. After all, she's pretty and laughs at their jokes, what more do they need to know? At this point, Lisa isn't a person to them at all, she's a trophy.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer

And I really found it annoying when different guys would say, "I really wanted her to get to know me". I keep wondering, "don't you want to get to know her??"
    There's 10 guys and 1 girl. The onus is on the guys to distinguish themselves from their competition.

They've already "picked" her, by auditioning and then being willing to travel to LA, (presumably using vacation time off work), all with no guarantee of any emotional nor material payoff.

Now it's time for her to pick one of them (...or rather to nudge America in the direction she want's to go...)

Quote Originally Posted by to-tix
    There's 10 guys and 1 girl. The onus is on the guys to distinguish themselves from their competition.
    I see your point, but it's proven that a man can distinguish himself by being attentive to her and noticing her. I think they'll be welcome longer if they don't try to "me me me" themselves, it's boring for her. I.e. the one that genuinely tries to know her and cares for her sticks out far more than those that go on and on about themselves.
    Last edited by Shazzer; 07-31-2003 at 03:07 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker
    Shazzer, I think problem is, they guys THINK they know her. After all, she's pretty and laughs at their jokes, what more do they need to know? At this point, Lisa isn't a person to them at all, she's a trophy.
    Ohhhh...you made me laugh Tracker....ooohhhh

Okay, I totally and completely HATED the earlier "modes" of this show, but the most recent episode was much better.

FORT Fan
    Lisa looked H-O-T! No doubt a cutie with a great midwestern demeanor.

As far as the guys, it's hard to believe that this is the best pick of the litter. She has a couple of good choices but others are 50/50 at best.

You'd think there would be more quality eligible guys out there who could have shown up at the audition, but maybe that was the problem, i.e., auditioning to be a mate, doesn't jibe well i guess.

I think the show could have done better by prescreening and eliminating many of the jugglers who auditioned. For Love or Money and the Bachelorette seem to do a good job of selecting quality selections. Somewhere this show missed the boat and she may end up settling. Ironic if you ask me.

FORT Regular
    Dominic: Seems to have everything going for him. I don't think age is really an issue at this point, but it'll be interesting to see what happens from here.

Evan: Great guy in many respects, but can anyone actually picture him getting married?

Hank: Too good for this show.

Joe: Seems genuinely affectionate and likeable, but his character is questionable.

Ken: Boring, and I don't think it'll get much better from here.

Paul: I was surprised he even made it past the first audition, but he may have some potential.

Renda: Was she kidding when she chose him? He may be a nice looking guy, but anyone who's paying attention knows he's not even ready for an engagement, let alone a wedding. What the hell is his first name anyway?

Rob: Not so sure about this guy.

Robert: He's been creeping people out since the audition, and it's not getting any better with time. Lisa mentioned he only likes her for the physical, but isn't that the reason she chose him, too?

Scott: I'm having trouble picturing them together, but he seems like a nice guy.

I think the bottom line about this show is that whoever America chooses will marry her, and she'll agree to marry whoever they choose. Anyone who puts themselves in that position probably deserves to end up with the short end of the stick, but the fame and money they gain will negate any possibility of that, no matter what happens to the marriage. I'd be impressed only if someone refuses to get married on the basis that they don't want the money. Granted, the offers will come rolling in regardless for TV/modeling/etc.

The problem with the auditions is that they were only for those who happened to know about the show and further were willing to participate in this whole process. Many quality guys probably considered it a foolish concept if someone's actually serious about finding a long-lasting relationship, let alone marriage.

The auditions are prescreening. If they let people through who are questionable at best, that's their own fault.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast