+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/9 Episode Discussion

Like American Idol, Cupid didn't bother showing us the guys who were just okay. Few of them probably made it through the first barricade of producers. And of those that did make it through, the normal telegenic ones--but not, in the end, the interesting ones--never made it to the screen. They picked the most outrageous moments from two cities and distilled them into a single hour.

This show was pretty funny, I will be watching it for sure. I think it's a good idea that the couple has to be married for a year before they get the money!! Good!

As for Laura, I think she has a lot of baggage & she's taking it out on the men auditioning ....
    I think she was being a bit too rude to some of the guys, but boy I can't believe some of the guys that came in to audition either tho...

Interesting. I can't wait to see the auditions from California & New York, after seeing what they coughed up in Miami & CHicago...

This oughta be good....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

My husband and I suspect that Laura is Lorena Bobbitt in disguise.
    Ipse dixit.

Quote Originally Posted by AETim
    I didn't have a problem with either one of the friends until they started making fun of the Poor Hispanic guy's accent. That just crossed the line in my opinion.

How would any of them like it if we made fun of their nasaly-whiny midwestern drone?
    I have to say, I kinda felt like that guy was asking for it. he pranced in there and said, "Let me be your Spanish lover." It was like he was trying very hard to play up the sexy Latino angle, and he came off poorly as a result. He just seemed stuck up. Even if it was his actual accent (and I'm not sure it really was), he was horribly melodramatic.

As for the rest of it, I found it entertaining to a certain extent. This really is the dating version of American Idol - but what the heck are we going to watch them do for ten weeks? They aren't going to sing or do comedy or do Amazing Race-type stunts and challenges, are they? So, just, dates week after week with the Biotch Patrol in tow?
    Last edited by LaughAtlantis; 07-10-2003 at 04:28 PM.
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

Laura was a total bitch, and that's the biggest understatement of the year... I absolutely loathed & despised her....

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    While we're at it, Laura was absolutely over the top. Not only with the Latino guy, but the guy she accused of wearing a pimp suit when she looked like the biggest slut wearing that fringed tablecloth that didn't cover any of her non-existent boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    The whole show was crap. It made "For Love or Money" look like a class act.

And what's so new and unique about this show that hasn't already been covered in Married By America or Joe Millionaire???

And I especially hate TV shows where they force two complete strangers to get married... that is truly bottom of the barrel...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    And what's so new and unique about this show that hasn't already been covered in Married By America or Joe Millionaire???

And I especially hate TV shows where they force two complete strangers to get married... that is truly bottom of the barrel...
    Totally!

I have to say that I loved Joe Millionaire because it was in France, had beautiful scenery and Paul the butler was hilarious in a wonderfully subtle way. I loved to watch Melissa and Sarah's smoke-a-thons and listen to them trash the other girls.

All of that was so much more entertaining than this bash/trashfest last night.

As for Married by America: All I can say is, poor Billie Jeanne. I feel worse for her than I ever felt for Paige.

I liked Joe Millionaire... I hated Married By America... I stopped watching that one after a couple of episodes...

I think this is far better and truer than MbyA & Joe$.

I was cheering when the girls took on that 20-day-a-year-father who tried lecturing them about how hard parenting is.

You GO girls!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast