+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/9 Episode Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    What I'm saying here, is that we are all being taken for a ride and we willingly go along with it because we derive our laughs by feeling superior to the jerks or maligners that are paraded before us on the TV screen.

The "staged" feel of this show is so obvious.

Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

I can't believe there were so few good men to choose from. There was such a lack of normal male personalities. They showed so few of the men that had to have been there based on the lines, but most normal men would not want to meet someone this way. What will happen is that you attract a lot of freaks that couldn't get a date/(on TV) any other way.

FORT Regular
    Miss Filangi said:

But Laura was the one who bothered me the most. She is the most annoying person I have ever seen, and to call her a *B* would demean all "respectable" *B*s out there. I think she is the kind of "friend" that needs to get her share of attention when another friend is getting some. Egomaniac, snotty, uncultured and crass to name a few traits...and those are her GOOD ones!

Laura IS the show. Everyone should have at least one friend like her to smack us in the face before we make major mistakes in life.

Miss Filangi said:

Paco and his skateboard/mom/roommate/tattoo combo? Im stunned she let him thru....sounds like the producers might have wanted to add a little spice to the show.

Don't let looks fool you. He was obviously one of only a handful of the normal guys that showed up. They made a good choice with that one.
    Dominic and Paco, I'd take either one.

I watched last night...I got a good laugh out of some of it...The groundskeeper...the guy that they asked how old he was and he said he didn't know...But besides that, I'm not too sure about this show.

I do not like her friends...I know they are suppose to act this way but some of the things that Laura was doing and saying were cruel.

I will probably watch next week though to hopefully get a good laugh...

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Blessedly, I forgot this show was on last night and watched the Dating Experiment instead. I did catch a few minutes during commercial breaks long enough to realize that these three women are like Simon in estrogen ridden form and NOT something I am interested in watching a whole hour of. Um, win the girl and then get to see THOSE nasty ass friends on a day to day basis?? Yeah, if I were a guy you could count me in....not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove

The "staged" feel of this show is so obvious.

I totally agree. But, they get away with saying that the group of men are a normal sample of men, which they are not. They're men who want to meet someone and be on TV. Why would they have picked the skateboarder if the women weren't told to pick out a diverse group of men? Lisa even said that she was on the show to meet men she never would have before.

FORT Newbie
    I was watching last night and couldn't believe I know one of the guys JOE - the one who took his family 2 sisters to be exact.

Let me tell you this guy is no prize...obviously if he's on a show to find a date LOSER!!!

He is the biggest bullshit out there, he will probably get far in the show since he's the king of bullshit.

I can't wait to see him in action..

I'll start another posting for JOE...anyone else know him or any of the guys for that matter.

Loved it.
    Just remember who is producing this show before you get all hot and bothered.

Simon Cowell - so you know things will get nasty and he has found the perfect nasty girl in Laura. The auditions are funny and we all like to watch this kind of stuff because if we didn't then we would not watch.

I'm on for the ride and will be watching and laughing.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Laura really is a bad-ass but she is entertaining in a rude way.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs
    Miss Filangi said:

But Laura was the one who bothered me the most. She is the most annoying person I have ever seen, and to call her a *B* would demean all "respectable" *B*s out there. I think she is the kind of "friend" that needs to get her share of attention when another friend is getting some. Egomaniac, snotty, uncultured and crass to name a few traits...and those are her GOOD ones!

Laura IS the show. Everyone should have at least one friend like her to smack us in the face before we make major mistakes in life.

Miss Filangi said:

Paco and his skateboard/mom/roommate/tattoo combo? Im stunned she let him thru....sounds like the producers might have wanted to add a little spice to the show.

Don't let looks fool you. He was obviously one of only a handful of the normal guys that showed up. They made a good choice with that one.
    Dominic and Paco, I'd take either one.

Hey Luvs. Welcome to the FORT, but those were MY quotes, not Miss Filangi. Im not on her writing level yet, but I hope to be when I grow up.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast