+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/9 Episode Discussion

I liked this show! Can't wait til next week to see Lisa's friends rip apart some more of the guys. Paco was an interesting choice. I was really surprised by that one. The ex-football player was a cutie. Reminds me of someone who was on the bachelor, but I can't think who. Might not be too bad a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    I'm really disappointed in those 3 women. They are racist...no doubt about it. They told Jose to drop his "fake" accent over and over. They mocked his accent too. Okay, he may be melodramatic, but he's Hispanic. He's not gonna fake an accent. Laura was the worst...I would've jumped all over them for that. He was very tolerant...good self-control.
    Wasn't that sickening? I felt so bad for the guy. Yes, he was trying a little bit... everyone does... but I don't think he was aware that he seemed fake. And maybe he wasn't 'fake' he was just trying to put his best foot forward.

FORT Newbie
    Hi, everyone!
    Oookay. I liked the auditions. Always entertaining...just liike AI.

I know some of these guys put themselves in this situation to be bashed and made fun of in front of America and the 3 friends. Some of them are really just creepy and lacking in personality, too.

But Laura, the blonde friend, is just evil. Yes, it's easy to be the judgemental one, but I wonder how she would handle it when the tables are turned and she's the one being criticized. She is just mean. And she is not pretty either IMO. She was okay at the beginning, but then just got really nasty and that makes you ugly, Laura.

yes, what can you expect from a show produce by simon cowell, right?

Mdrio9, i'm not sure if they were racist, but laura is pretty cruel. I didnt find anything wrong with his voice or accent for that matter. I felt like they didn't even give him a chance.

Of course, this is reality tv. what do we expect. that's my rant.

Maybe I was a little harsh about the whole racist thing, but I was not happy with what they did. Being part Hispanic, I think I took it a little personally. Sorry about that...but I still can't believe they did all that. I have relatives with accents similar to his.

FORT Newbie
    I didn't have a problem with either one of the friends until they started making fun of the Poor Hispanic guy's accent. That just crossed the line in my opinion.

How would any of them like it if we made fun of their nasaly-whiny midwestern drone?

FORT Fogey

It's a bad show, Simon!

In the words of its creator, "It was simply dreadful."

It was contrived to take a group of obvious losers, sprinkled with a few "possibles" and let the trio of women go to town. And go to town they did. They covered the range from silly insults to outright cruelty -- a lot of it unnecessary.

While we're at it, Laura was absolutely over the top. Not only with the Latino guy, but the guy she accused of wearing a pimp suit when she looked like the biggest slut wearing that fringed tablecloth that didn't cover any of her non-existent boobs.

The whole show was crap. It made "For Love or Money" look like a class act.

I really enjoyed it. I laughed myself silly at parts.

Can't wait for next week!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by courage sellout
    ....Laura, the blonde friend, is just evil. Yes, it's easy to be the judgemental one, but I wonder how she would handle it when the tables are turned and she's the one being criticized. She is just mean. And she is not pretty either IMO. She was okay at the beginning, but then just got really nasty and that makes you ugly....
    Your damn right Laura is evil.. She went WAY, WAY over the line. Holy cow! What a nightmare that stupid bitch is. As a guy that would seemingly fit into her "profile" of what they are looking for... attractive, fit, personally and professionally successful, good family and friends... I'd spit in her ugly-ass horse face. Even if it's just for the show, being brutally mean to others looking for love.. that is inexcusable. As if she has anything to offer... [HELLO?! LAURA?! PLEASE.. YOU GIVE PEOPLE HAIRCUTS FOR A LIVING] She has no right to sit there (without fear of reprisals) and 'tee off' on other people. Those are 'real people' with 'real feelings'. I don't advocate violence but I was actually wishing one of those guys she was dissing would just go up to her and break her face. It's hard to talk 'smack' with a mouthful of some dude's knuckles. Mean people suck. I'd give anything in the world to be there the day she gets hers. Until then.. hopefully she'll get hit by a fkn bus. I certainly hope I never cross paths with that stupid bitch. It would be like her... not pretty.
    Last edited by Die..Laura..Die; 07-10-2003 at 01:20 AM.

It's a show. It's entertainment. Everyone who appeared on the show wanted to be there.

Laura was a hoot.

FORT Newbie
    Laura ruined the show. I thought all 3 girls were attractive but jeez, have a little personality not just attitude (read: Bitch).
    It didn't take me long before I wanted to see a guy just blow up and let her see how he felt. But I guess since they only hear from the other guys how it went in there, they are probably just so blown away by her attitude they're speechless.
    Hmm. I'm so far west I guess nobody else will read my posts... Too late.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast