+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: Lisa Shannon - The Cupid Girl

  1. #41
    FORT Newbie garrick06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Age
    26
    Posts
    26
    Lisa is so hot!

  2. #42
    FORT Newbie zentrait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    11


    er...guess I'll have to get very drunk to come to the conclusion...

  3. #43
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    572

    I don't get it

    I just re-read Lisa's profile on the Cupid site and the image portrayed by her in the bio there sure doesn't seem to match with the Lisa that we are seeing on television. Per her bio she's a pretty confident woman, having won several advertizing awards...doesn't seem that she wants to give up her job. Also...it comments about her athletic abilities in that she played lacrosse, field hockey, enjoys snow boarding and running. Remember the volleyball date with Ken when she was pretty much a klutz? Doesn't seem to match with someone who plays lacrosse.

    Also...one of her hobbies is cooking. I wish the producers would show us a little bit more of Her personality. She shows very little of her personality in the dates with the guys and it sure is difficult to make a choice of who would be a good match for "her" when we don't even get to see who "she" is.

  4. #44
    Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    I just re-read Lisa's profile on the Cupid site and the image portrayed by her in the bio there sure doesn't seem to match with the Lisa that we are seeing on television. Per her bio she's a pretty confident woman, having won several advertizing awards...doesn't seem that she wants to give up her job. Also...it comments about her athletic abilities in that she played lacrosse, field hockey, enjoys snow boarding and running. Remember the volleyball date with Ken when she was pretty much a klutz? Doesn't seem to match with someone who plays lacrosse.

    Also...one of her hobbies is cooking. I wish the producers would show us a little bit more of Her personality. She shows very little of her personality in the dates with the guys and it sure is difficult to make a choice of who would be a good match for "her" when we don't even get to see who "she" is.
    Good point. I think not much of her personality is portrayed because she's too busy analyzing the guys and expecting them to lead in everything.

  5. #45
    FORT Fogey overthetop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    I just re-read Lisa's profile on the Cupid site and the image portrayed by her in the bio there sure doesn't seem to match with the Lisa that we are seeing on television. Per her bio she's a pretty confident woman, having won several advertizing awards...doesn't seem that she wants to give up her job. Also...it comments about her athletic abilities in that she played lacrosse, field hockey, enjoys snow boarding and running. Remember the volleyball date with Ken when she was pretty much a klutz? Doesn't seem to match with someone who plays lacrosse.

    Also...one of her hobbies is cooking. I wish the producers would show us a little bit more of Her personality. She shows very little of her personality in the dates with the guys and it sure is difficult to make a choice of who would be a good match for "her" when we don't even get to see who "she" is.
    Actually, I can see that she is athletic. remember during the "semifinals" when she took a group of artsy guys out for archery. she kicked their butts with the bow and arrow.

    They could show her cooking and all that, but I think that Lisa is interpersonally kind of a dullard.

  6. #46
    FORT Fogey wendiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    802

    Is Lisa a Mystery Woman or Just Boring?

    What is it with Lisa? I've been watching all along and I just don't get a sense of who she is. Is it because she's shy or is she just plain boring.

    Certainly, she's a pretty girl but she could definately use some classes on how to walk in high heels. (I see this all the time now with young women - PLEASE! Somebody help them!). When Lisa walks out every week, I swear she's stomping out fires in the carpet. Don't any of these young women now how to walk gracefully? Does this bother anybody else?

  7. #47
    FORT Fogey RealVoyeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    Certainly, she's a pretty girl but she could definately use some classes on how to walk in high heels. (I see this all the time now with young women - PLEASE! Somebody help them!). When Lisa walks out every week, I swear she's stomping out fires in the carpet. Don't any of these young women now how to walk gracefully? Does this bother anybody else?
    It's true, her legs are too far apart when she walks... she should work on keeping her thighs together... she would look much better that way...

  8. #48
    in banana world
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    What is it with Lisa? I've been watching all along and I just don't get a sense of who she is. Is it because she's shy or is she just plain boring.
    I have to agree with you. I've been watching Cupid since day one, and I know more about Lisa's best friends and the suitors than I know about her! And that's just sad, because she is the star of the show. I think she is either not comfortable on camera enough to just relax and be herself, or she is just plain boring and lacks in personality.

  9. #49
    Wonky snarkmistress Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Playing kickball for the beer
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,870
    [QUOTE=wendiness]What is it with Lisa? I've been watching all along and I just don't get a sense of who she is. Is it because she's shy or is she just plain boring.[QUOTE]

    I agree, I have no idea as to Lisa's personality. She seems to have gone into this assuming these men would just automatically fall for her, and that she didn't have to show them anything of herself to earn it. She's been making them jump through hoops to impress her, and demanding that they (well, at least Robert) take the conversational lead and ask her about herself. I wonder if any of them wound up not actually liking her that much.
    That's the thing with these "reality" dating shows; the star is always in the power position, putting the others in the position of supplicant. What kind of relationship does that make for in the real world? Yes, I know, it often doesn't make for a real relationship at all. I'm just saying, it can't make for a healthy relationship to start off with such an unequal balance of power.
    Oh, and to answer Wendiness, I suspect it's because Lisa's just plain boring.

  10. #50
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    251
    That's the thing with these "reality" dating shows; the star is always in the power position, putting the others in the position of supplicant.
    And that is why all these people miracuously fall in "love" with the star, because she (or he) is made into a kind of faux celebrity.

    Lisa has done a lot of talking about qualities she'd like in her mate, but I don't see any of those qualities in her. Like, she kept saying she admired Evan's ability to make lemonade out of lemons, but look at Lisa's dates with Robert - she sulked her way through them like a three-year-old.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.