+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Shannon - The Cupid Girl

FORT Regular
    Who the hell do Lisa and her friends think they are berating America for its decisions, are they going to complain about the million dollars next? As I watch the show, it looks like Lisa, Laura, and the other friend cut Corey the rocket scientist Air Force guy because he's black, Omar because he's whatever, is giving Ken a hard time because he's Asian, didn't give Scott the time of day because he's a short Jew, and don't like Robert because he's an accented foreigner. These 3 midwestern white chicks just seem prejudiced whether they want to admit it or not, and CBS may be helping them to look somewhat more justified with selective editing to give this little romantic game show an ounce of credibility. Robert and Ken need to be the final 2, these girls need to be taught a lesson about judging people based on who they are.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well, I don't think that's accurate. She's stating WHO she is attracted to and who she has chemistry with.

However, I personally don't care who she ends up with because I think she's boring.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Hook 'em Horns!

Is Lisa Really ALL THAT?

I really want to know everyone's opinion on Lisa. Being the Cupid Girl, she is supposed to be the dream girl for guys. On paper, Lisa sounds great (successful, beautiful, blah blah blah). But what about what we've seen of Lisa on TV? Do you think she deserves the title of being the Cupid Girl?

I missed 2 episodes :mad: so I don't have a definate opinion of her. Sometimes on dates, she just has this really dumbfounded look on her face like she doesn't know where she is. On the kid-date episode, she seemed really reserved and intimidated by children, though she claims she is ready to have kids.

I think someone like Trista Rehn (from the Bachelorette) is a more well rounded girl, but that's just my opinion.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I don't think I have any idea what Lisa is like. I don't know her. From what I've seen, she doesn't look all that fun. But that's only based on what I have seen. I'd also say that she seems to want a great looking guy, who has a great job, who will be great with kids, who will adore her forever, and who will keep her entertained for the rest of her life. Well, hey, there's only one of me! :rolleyes

FORT Fan
    if we judge people by the measure of their closest friends, i'd have to say that Lisa is one of the most vile human beings i have ever seen.

FORT Newbie

Rename Lisa to Bland

Lisa is a personality void. I'm sure the producers made sure they chose a blah girl when they did the selection: "pretty, good teeth, smiles, looks vacant, is white, Lisa is OURS!"

I think we should change Lisa's name to Bland. Here's how it works in a sentence:

"omg did you see it when that guy Bland liked got voted out? her expression went from bland anxious to blander angry"

or

"did you see it when that 'poet' guy was try to talk to Bland but the conversation was so bland they had to do some fast edits and overlap with music"

or my favourite (and hopefully the future)

"did you see it when Robert won and Bland had to say something that wasn't bland?"

I can't vote on this show as I'm in Canada, I have only watched one episode, but I have absolutely no desire to see Lisa end up with a guy she likes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Bland will have to marry Robert for a year if bland wants the big bucks

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I have no desire to see Lisa on this show. Get a personality.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fanatic
    Hey Lisa,

How about talking like a twenty something year old woman instead of a little three year old girl?

Her voice drives me nuts. I watched the show twice. That was enough for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast