+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contender Rematch

Contender Rematch

For Contender fans, ESPN is broadcasting Contender Rematch at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT this Saturday October 15 featuring some of the favorites and a rematch of the title fight.

http://espn.go.com/contender/

They were giving out promotional things for this at the Rockstar shows. I was sorely tempted to actually go and watch the rematch.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I was just coming to post about this, but Mariner beat me to it.
    Both fighters were favorites of mine, but I'll still be rooting for the Latin Snake.

This begs the question.. why??? Did little Pathetic Manfredo whine and whimper his way to Stallone's heart to receive yet ANOTHER shot at the title? Puhlease... I've had enough of this crap. Manfredo is not that great of a boxer, he does not deserve a do-over.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Anybody watching?

Gomez won with a premature ending. Jesse vs. Bosante...WTF??? Jesse hardly landed any shots. Bosante got the loudest "Boos" walking in and got even louder "Boos" walking out but for the opposite reason.

Mora looks in trouble right now, the same cut above his eye like last time...I think Manfredo is going to get his redemption tonight. Oooohhh another jab...Mora's cut is bleeding BADLY now. It's only round two but I think it's over.
    Ooohh...good shot!

I can't wait for season 2.

Mora's eye is bleeding so badly that it turned Manfredo's white shorts pink! Mora came back in the 5th round but I give all the others to Manfredo. Good fight!

Last round...Mora's coming back but too little, too late. I say Manfredo wins this! Clearly a win for Manfredo.

Wtf??? Mora Wins Again! Wtf???

Manfredo got robbed! The Staples Center is booing and its Sergio's hometown. That shows it all. These judges are crap!

Here's the recap and results:
    "Contender: Season One" champion Sergio Mora and "Contender: Season One" finalist Peter Manfredo Jr picked up where they left off in their championship contest backin May, fighting to an exciting eight-round split decision Saturday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Mora was cut over the left eye in round one and outworked significantly in the punch stats, but did enough to win 77-75 on two cards. Manfredo was ahead 77-75 on the third card. Fightnews scored it 76-76.

In a "Contender: Season One" rematch, super middleweight Jesse Brinkley took a controversial five round decision over Anthony Bonsante. Bonsante, who was stopped by Brinkley in their previous "Contender" fight, outworked Brinkley for most this encounter and the scores of 49-46, 48-47, 48-47 for Brinkley brought boos from the large crowd of approximately 15,000. Fightnews scored it 49-46 for Bonsante, who later came out of the dressing room and did a "victory lap" amongst the fans.

"Contender: Season One" semi-finalist Alfonso Gomez dropped Luciano Perez in round three and stopped him at 2:20 of round four. It seemed like referee Pat Russell halted this one a tad prematurely.

In a battle of former "Contender: Season One" combatants, middleweight Miguel Espino recovered from a first round knockdown to outwork Jonathan Reid over the ensuing rounds, finally stopping Reid with 12 seconds left in the fifth and final round.

In the first bout, "Contender: Season One" participant Juan De la Rosa pounded out a unanimous decision over Jesse Orta in a middleweight bout.
    http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EEkAukAZuAGADwOlqy.html

FORT Newbie

Peter Got Friggn Robbed!!!

the only reason sergio won was because the judges where probably a 20 minute ride from the arena.
    firs jesse, now peter!
    Sergio got his ass KICKED!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast