+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They changed fan favorite matches.

FORT Regular

They changed fan favorite matches.

Did anyone notice the matches were switched?

It was brent vs. ishe, anthony vs. jeff, and now it's anthony vs. ishe, and brent vs. jeff. I have no idea what they are doing.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisso
    Did anyone notice the matches were switched?

It was brent vs. ishe, anthony vs. jeff, and now it's anthony vs. ishe, and brent vs. jeff. I have no idea what they are doing.
    The Nevada Boxing Commission would not let the fight between ishe and brent to take place due to weight differentials.

In order to avoid a brent vs bonsante rematch, ishe and bonsante agreed to match up. In case you're interested here are the payouts for the matches:

Peter vs Sergio - Winner gets 1 million and loser gets $250,000

Jesse vs Alfonso - Both get $100,000 and winner gets an additional $100,000

Lange vs Tarik - Both get $100,000 and winner gets an additional $100,000

Ishe vs Bonsante - Bonsante gets $125,000 and Ishe gets $75,000

Jeff vs Brent - Jeff gets $75,000 and Cooper gets $25,000

Makes a good pay day for all these boxers.

FORT Newbie
    Why such a huge differential in the numbers on the last fights?

FORT Regular
    That's some nice money I guess.

Did anyone see anthony vs. ishe? Anthony was doing all illegal stuff like hit ishe with his elbow, pick ishe up, etc. Ishe won. And jeff beat brent. Looking forward to jimmy vs. tarick.

FORT Newbie
    As much as Ishe got on my nerves, he really showed some class in that fight. Anthony was acting like an immature amateur and I can't believe he wasn't DQ'd.

FORT Regular
    Yea, anthony is like a street fighter rather than a boxer. He also didn't even throw punches like he did when he was in contender. He usually jumped on them and started hitting, now he was slow and didn't pick up at all.

I also dislike Ishe, but he deserved to win that one. Considering Anthony got $125 grand, he probably didn't care much if he won that's probably why he wasn't as good.

FORT Newbie
    Will the live finale tonight include airing the fight between Jesse and Alfonso?

At least Anthony got some money out of it. I hope $125K was enough for his family.

ISHE!!! I've always loved Ishe, even through his most preenish primadonna moments. I'm so glad he won and got to win some cash.

But I'm happiest about ALFONSO!!!! I was hoping he didn't get left with nothing.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Regular
    Yea, finally Anthony won $125 grand, now he doesn't have to work night shift at K mart. Heh. That's a nice chunk of change. It's not a million, but Im sure it'll help him. His trainer is friggin agressive. When that contender trainer bald guy came to talk to anthony, anthony's trainer was like get the F out of here. lol. He was like I work for the show. Funny moments.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    I am glad that most of these guys got money. Here's hoping that Jonathan Reid got something for his horrible rendition of the national anthem.

Ishe and Anthony's fight was the most action packed. Too bad "Harry" wasn't DQ'd. Ishe, with all his prima donna antics is still a great fighter, and I hope to hear of him in the future!

Now let's get ready to R-U-M-B-L-E! GOMEZ will beat the snot of out Brinkley!

Good Luck Alfonso.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast