+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/22 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

I didn't think Sergio vs Jesse match was that exciting tonight. There wasn't too much of the toe-to-toe boxing like some of the other matches, and I didn't really like that Sergio "ran" a little too much. There were some pretty good jabs taken by each one, though. I thought Sergio was going to go down a couple of times, but he held tough.

I'm happy that Sergio win. Now if only he can protect himself a little more, he has a good chance to win against Peter. I'm rooting for Sergio to win the million dollars. Nothing against Peter, because he has been one of my favorites, but I have mixed feelings that he had already lost, while Sergio hasn't lost a match yet. I'll still be okay with whoever wins, but I would've much preferred to see Alfonso vs Sergio in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by SquallRealm
    I dont think Manfredo deserved that second chance. I think this voting system was really dumb, they should have just brought in another talented fighter. Sergio knock him out!
    Umm... exactly how are they going to do that without adding up more cost? It's bad enough that the contestants are not allowed to box while Contender is still in broadcast, you have to add another contestant in limbo?

I think the producers didn't really have a choice. 18 contestants are decided. Putting at least a couple extras on standby is additional pay, extra food and housing, throws the dynamics of those already participating, etc. The game is not poorly conceived, the producers' options are simply limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I'm happy that Sergio win. Now if only he can protect himself a little more, he has a good chance to win against Peter. I'm rooting for Sergio to win the million dollars. Nothing against Peter, because he has been one of my favorites, but I have mixed feelings that he had already lost, while Sergio hasn't lost a match yet. I'll still be okay with whoever wins, but I would've much preferred to see Alfonso vs Sergio in the finale.
    I feel the same way. I have nothing against Peter since he conducted himself with class throughout the whole competition. In fact, I admire the way he always helps out the other boxers during their fights. You hardly see him just sitting in the audience and watching the others fight - he's always assisting and coaching one of the fighters. But I'd still rather see Sergio win the million dollars. I just think he deserves it more since he's the only one out of the 16 who never had to hang up his gloves. If Sergio doesn't win, then I guess they'll all walk away from The Contender with one loss each. Well, except for Ahmed who managed to get 2 losses.

Now if only he can protect himself a little more, he has a good chance to win against Peter.
    Wolf, that is why I think Sergio might lose. He is very open during his fights. Yes, he has the speed, but Manfredo has speed and power. But I agree with what Sugar Ray said at the end : Any of the two can win, it depends whose night it is.

On another note, isn't anyone else fed up with the "salute the fallen friends" segment Burnett always does. It's enough he does it on Survivor, but this year it was done on the Apprentice and now Contender. It's a waste of time IMO.

FORT Newbie
    Little Kirk and I were sort of rooting for Jesse (It's the redneck in us) but we both thought Sergio would win. Sergio, as tall as he is, can really duck and weave and not be hit. Jesse needed to add some more uppercuts to his combinations to try and get some good hits on the Snake during a duck.

Personally, I like Sergio for the final.

FORT Regular
    Im disapointed in Sergio. I would have thought he wouldn't run like a chicken in the last round. i also do not care much about either, but I'll probably be rooting for manfredo or sergio. lol

I would hope the finale would be anthony vs. jimmy or something like that. But anthony will fight jeff? or someone on tuesday at yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE
    I agree with karen14 as well. My favorite the entire way, Alfonso, was ROBBED! He should be in that final and not Manfredo.
    How was he robbed? If he had beaten peter again, he would have been in the finals. As simple as that. He lost, he went out. And people aren't going to vote for him to come back because it's late in the game that he lost. Contender = reality tv show. If you can't stand things like these, then you guys should watch real boxing since they dont bring back people in the tournament.

But it would be more interesting seeing alfonso vs. sergio or alfonso vs. jesse. That would be great.
    Last edited by Harisso; 05-23-2005 at 01:14 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    manfredo looks worried?
    Manfredo is going to kick his A$$.

Everyone says Peter shouldn't have come back because he lost once, so what they bought him back thinking he was weak. I remember when he had to fight again and prove he was there to win and he meant business they all looked at him as if he couldn't do it and he proved them wrong. He's there to win and I would like to see him win, because I see a person that had a second chance and he's thankful and he's going to fight till the bitter end to win. So I think Peter totally deserves to be where he is right now. So I'm rooting for Peter!!!

Nothing against Sergio though because I think he's seems like a great person and a great fighter but I rooting for Peter...
    SmiLeyGuRL

JR.
    ]I'm rooting for Sergio to win the million dollars. Nothing against Peter, because he has been one of my favorites, but I have mixed feelings that he had already lost, while Sergio hasn't lost a match yet. I'll still be okay with whoever wins, but I would've much preferred to see Alfonso vs Sergio in the finale.
    My thoughts exactly. I was never a fan of "bringing someone back" in any show. They should've come up with a better way to handle those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    On another note, isn't anyone else fed up with the "salute the fallen friends" segment Burnett always does. It's enough he does it on Survivor, but this year it was done on the Apprentice and now Contender. It's a waste of time IMO.
    Yeah, I agree with you. I don't really watch Survivor or The Apprentice so I didn't know he did the same thing there. I just thought it was really cheesy. I wish they just cut out that part and the useless press conference and showed more of the fight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast