+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/22 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

i hope to see 2ndchancefredo hit the mat at ceasar's palace on tues. nite

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I think Jesse will need that BIG punch to take down Sergio. If not for that, I felt he would have lost the last one. Off topic, did y'all watch that boob Golata go down 3 times in round one on HBO last nite. What a dissapointment. Why is that guy even still boxing??
    I don't think Golata even got any punches off. Brewster was all over him like white on rice.

FORT Newbie
    Wow. Sergio has one of the sweetest left hooks Iíve ever seen. He takes a quick step in, and just hooks it with that long reach of his. It knocked Jesseís head back a few times, and it will do the same for Manfredo. Sergio will out box Peter, but itís going to be close. Heí smart enough to come up with a good game plan for Peter, then itís just a matter of having the discipline to stick to it. Not the most exciting fight to watch (Winky Wright vs. Felix Trinidad), but he has the skills to pull it off. I really like and respect Manfredo as a boxer, but I like Sergio to win it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    It was a convincing win by Sergio, I'll give him that.

Well, that's it, then. A finale between two fighters I couldn't really give a damn about.
    Well I, for one, do give a d*mn about the little mope from Rhode Island, and I'll be rootiong for him!!!

I regret that I didn't have time to watch tonight's episode and comment on it in here, too.

But I did see the last few rounds of the fight and I was just delighted -- absolutely tickled, in fact -- to see Jesse lose by a unanimous decision.

Good riddance, Jesse!!!

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    I was glad to see Sergio win this one. Jesse just seems too cocky. I'll be rooting for Sergio on Tuesday. I think it's because Manfredo came back. Right or wrong, it just doesn't seem right that he win the whole thing. Can't wait for Tuesday!

Carla, I hear you. He lost and that should be that, but the guys voted him back in knowing he was a 'contender'. I respect they wanted a tough fighter to come back, but it is for one million dollars!! I would have picked someone I thought was a worse fighter. But, I'm just greedy that way..

I agree with karen14 as well. My favorite the entire way, Alfonso, was ROBBED! He should be in that final and not Manfredo. There has to be one more fight to determine who the real contender is. I think Alfonso deserves it much more, he played the game well and ended up being beat by the same game. BOOOOOOOO!!!

And what's up with not being able to vote to see Alfonso vote for the undercard at yahoo? BOO-URNS.

FORT Newbie
    I dont think Manfredo deserved that second chance. I think this voting system was really dumb, they should have just brought in another talented fighter. Sergio knock him out!

I think it there's no need to vote for Alfonso and Jesse for the undercard fights because they are going to fight for the third place anyway.

I won't see the fight until it airs here in Asia tonight but I'm glad Sergio won. I'll be rooting for him to win on Tuesday too.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I will be rooting for Peter, but I expect Sergio to win. It's tough, I like them both and they both have conducted themselves with so much class. But I think Sergio has the edge in that he has a longer reach and knows how to use it well. Plus he's obviously not afraid to run. Manfredo uses his face as a punching bag a little too often for this match to not go to Sergio, unless he gets better at ducking. I hope he watched the show and paid close attention to Sergio's fights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast