+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's official - no second season

FORT Fan

It's official - no second season

NBC reported their fall lineup this morning. The Contender is not returning.

After The Next Great Chump Champ and now this, I'm beginning to have the suspicion that boxing simply wasn't meant for reality television.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Well, it was good while it lasted.

At least they did not take it off the air mid-season like they did the Fox show.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Too bad. I'm not a boxing fan (or rather, I wasn't a boxing fan) and I really liked this show.

I personally thought this was one of Mark Burnetts better reality TV shows...It totally livened up our Sunday night..I will miss it

Of all the shows that were on this year - this is the one that I'm the most disappointed in not getting picked up. This show has SO MUCH potential to be the next "Survivor" or "Amazing Race". It got stuck on a crappy timeslot - which doomed it from the beginning. If I were ESPN or HBO or Showtime (especially HBO & Showtime which have a long history of boxing), I'd look into a scaled-down version of this show (maybe sans Stallone and Leonard to save on those big paychecks). I think if given a chance - this show could make it.

I will miss this show. It's sad because I think this one has so much more quality than the other crappy reality shows out there. I usually hate reality shows but this one got me hooked because I like boxing and I liked all the contestants they picked (Okay, maybe not all...) I really enjoyed seeing them interact with each other whether it was during the challenges or just hanging out at the loft. And of course, the boxing matches are very exciting!

This was such a good show. I know it didn't get the greatest ratings but it could have got another chance
    I'm so acrophobic, I fainted when I first tried on a pair of socks.

Yes, like The Amazing Race. That one was probably doomed to end with season 4 but it won Best Reality Show in the Emmy awards and made the producers give us one more season which turned into its best season by far then.

We can only hope that The Contender gets nominated in the next Emmy and, by gosh we hope, win. Maybe that'll get the producers feeling hot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast