+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Regarding complaints about replacement fighters and bringing back those eliminated...

I think it would have been more expensive for the producers to get backup fighters as opposed to choosing who to bring back which eliminated fighter. For one thing, they would probably need at the least four backups. While standing as backup, they would still have to be paid whether or not they got on the show at all. It also stands to reason that they will be prohibited from participating in any match ups while acting as backup, this would mean loss of income for the backup fighter and the producers would have to reimburse them on that. And, finally, the producers are going to have to change the opening credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Destron
    I'm not sure if this has been asked before but how many rounds are there normally in a middleweight boxing match? I know nothing about these things.
    It depends on the match, I think they're usually in the seven to nine range, it varies by fight. Championship fights (i.e. for the title) are normally twelve rounds. No one fights fifteen round fights anymore, a while back they looked at the stats and realized almost all the serious injuries happened in rounds thirteen, fourteen and fifteen so they stopped having them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345