+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The winner takes it all ANTManonimus's Avatar
    I missed the episode, but i'm sooooo happy Peter won!!!!
    Alphonso just irks me.
    Girls could wear jeans, cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, cause it's ok to be a boy, but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because YOU think that being a girl is degrading, but secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you, what it feels like for a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I'm heartbroken that Alfonso lost tonight. He fought like a champ and he never backed down. Awesome effort, Guero. You didn't let your fans down.
    From what they showed of the fight I had the rounds scored three-two for Alfonso after five rounds with the last two rounds going to Peter. Which means if the fight had been five rounds, like the earlier fights, Alfonso would have won it.

Yah, this could mean Peter is more suited to longer fights.

Yep, I agree scsi commando. Peter seems to be slow in the beginning because he's taking time to feel his opponent. he's used to the long matches. I wonder if that was part of the factor as to why he lost in the first episode to Alfonso. I'm not taking away anything from Alfonso's great performance, either.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but how many rounds are there normally in a middleweight boxing match? I know nothing about these things.

I believe there are 12 rounds.

FORT Regular
    Contender = Reality TV show. It's not like other boxing tournaments where if u leave, you dont come back.

Next week it's going to be Jesse vs. Sergio and Im thinking sergio will win cause jesse's has a bad cut above his eye, and he only had like 6 days to rest and heal.

I have no idea how many rounds are in middle weight. I believe super heavyweight (tyson, lennox, etc.) is 15 or 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Yep, I agree scsi commando. Peter seems to be slow in the beginning because he's taking time to feel his opponent. he's used to the long matches. I wonder if that was part of the factor as to why he lost in the first episode to Alfonso. I'm not taking away anything from Alfonso's great performance, either.
    My husband and I were saying the same thing. Usually the matches are 12 rounds, so someone like Peter saves his energy for the last rounds while he studies his opponent. Someone like Anthony, who starts out strong has an advantage in the 5 round match but must have trouble finishing 12 rounds.

I'm glad they made the final four 7 rounds and I hope the finale will be a true 12 round match. The best boxer will truly win at this point.

FORT Regular
    If you guys are planning on watching those fan voted matches on tuesday morning, I think they'll be 12 rounds cause each match is each hour. 12 x 3 minutes = 36 minutes, plus breaks and such.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredomania
    You know what they say about opinions......
    A word to the wise for future show discussions: Don't do this again; posts like this will be deleted.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast