+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz
    However, those men did vote him back in. This is different than say when the producers of Survivor decided to bring the Outcasts back or whatever. The competitors actually chose Peter to come back.
    Yeah, it is different because they were voted in, but it is still the producers fault for not having back-up fighters lined up to come in if anyone got hurt or had to leave. Fighters that lost should not have been allowed to come back in to the competition.

Still, I'm okay with Peter going to the Finale. It wasn't his fault that he was given another chance to redeem himself.

Go Sergio and Peter!

I hope Manfredo gets absolutely slaughtered in the finale.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Yeah, it is different because they were voted in, but it is still the producers fault for not having back-up fighters lined up to come in if anyone got hurt or had to leave.
    I don't know, on one hand, I understand Peter already lost, so it's not fair (especially to Gomez) but wouldn't bringing in a fresh body be unfair to all the guys that have trained hard, pulled muscles during challenges and have suffered through the sleep deprivation and whatever else?

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk
    (3) Was Tommy eating ice cream directly out of the container instead of putting it into a bowl?

I saw a cup next to the container.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    I don't know, on one hand, I understand Peter already lost, so it's not fair (especially to Gomez) but wouldn't bringing in a fresh body be unfair to all the guys that have trained hard, pulled muscles during challenges and have suffered through the sleep deprivation and whatever else?
    yeah, it would be just as unfair as giving a boxer that lost another shot at the title. This just wasn't thought up very well, but I'm not dwelling on it anymore. Peter got his rematch, and now he's on the way to the final.
    I am cheering for Peter, but I think I would rather Sergio win it all, because at least he hasn't lost a match, yet. I'll have to wait and see how he does against Jesse.

Just watched the tape from last nite. I thought it was a very close fight. Good for them both. Lots of action, of course they prob. edit out the hugging to catch their breaths. I replayed when Manfredo fell down after the body shot and they didn't show his feet so it is hard to say if it was a slip for sure but I'm guessing it was since Manfredo took much harder punches and remained standing. I was actually thinking it looked like it might be a split decision but I guess that is why I'm not a judge.

Good fight guys and if you're reading this, I think you have all shown TONS of heart and character! Thanks for the entertainment and great fights !!! Here's hoping to see y'all on HBO Boxing!!

FORT Newbie
    If Peter wins the Finale fight, they should bring a twist to the show....

best two out of three with manfredo and gomez for the 1 million!!!

Hell Yeah!!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sandman2k5
    Great fight. So glad Pete won.

He is very deserving! He has a wife and an adorable child, where as Alfonso doesn't have the same incentive. He beat the same guy who gave him the only loss in his career! Awesome comback, dude!

Can't wait to see him beat Sergio in Las Vegas!
    WTF?!?!

They are both fighting for their family!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    yeah, it would be just as unfair as giving a boxer that lost another shot at the title. This just wasn't thought up very well, but I'm not dwelling on it anymore. Peter got his rematch, and now he's on the way to the final.
    I am cheering for Peter, but I think I would rather Sergio win it all, because at least he hasn't lost a match, yet. I'll have to wait and see how he does against Jesse.
    I think what the producers decided was ok. If someone quit or got sick and they don't replace, it would screw up the elimination, causing the odd man out to enter the next round without a fight. That would be worse than Ahmed rejoining after the dissolution of the team-based concept.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredomania
    As much as I like Peter, I almost got choked up when Alfonso was doing his exit scene.
    I was an emotional mess during the whole episode. While I'm rooting for Sergio, I've grown to love Peter, Alfonso and Jesse as well. It was really difficult for me seeing one of them go. It's so great to see how these 4 men have bonded. Even though they're all hungry for the million dollar prize, you can see that there's no animosity between them and it's clear how much respect they have for each other. I started getting choked up when Jesse went back to the loft and they all had a group hug. I was fighting back tears when I saw their families mingling at the beach. By the time it got to Alfonso's goodbye scene, I was bawling my eyes out, especially when he went to Peter's locker room to congratulate him. Yeah, I know it's just a reality show, but I can't help it. I've gotten so attached to these guys. I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast