+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Great fight. So glad Pete won.

He is very deserving! He has a wife and an adorable child, where as Alfonso doesn't have the same incentive. He beat the same guy who gave him the only loss in his career! Awesome comback, dude!

Can't wait to see him beat Sergio in Las Vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sandman2k5
    Great fight. So glad Pete won.

He is very deserving! He has a wife and an adorable child, where as Alfonso doesn't have the same incentive. He beat the same guy who gave him the only loss in his career! Awesome comback, dude!

Can't wait to see him beat Sergio in Las Vegas!
    So having a wife and child is the only incentive that can justify a win?

I am sad Alfonso lost and think he had a lot of heart and character, as well as being a great boxer.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie

Rematch

I saw the 1st Gomez-Manfredo fight. I think Manfredo definitely improved since that fight, but he still lost and should not even set foot in Vegas until he beats Gomez in a rematch. Honestly, I don't know who'd win a best out of three. Alfonso is very classy not even bringing that up.

I'm heartbroken that Alfonso lost tonight. He fought like a champ and he never backed down. Awesome effort, Guero. You didn't let your fans down.

Unfortunately, Peter fought like the #3 ranked fighter that he is. The way Peter fought tonight was the way I thought he would fight in the previous boxing matches, but he didn't show those skills then. He sure brought it tonight! If Peter fights like this during the finale, then he will be the winner!

I do like Peter, and he has been one of my favorites, but I can't help but to think, like Tuck674 said, that Peter lost, and he shouldn't even be in the final. I thought that was a bad move on the producers part, but what can you do. Peter is back, and now I'm cheering for him or Sergio to win.

Yeah, I like Peter and Alfonso so I was really torn tonight. It is kinda unfair. Peter got two chances whereas the others only got one shot. However, those men did vote him back in. This is different than say when the producers of Survivor decided to bring the Outcasts back or whatever. The competitors actually chose Peter to come back. However, even saying that it is sad to see Peter get two shots and going to the finals.

FORT Newbie
    Great fight last night, I have been rooting for Pete-ah from the start That match was redemption for Manfredo and I had a feeling he would not lose again.

I enjoy seeing how close these men have become; it seems like none of them expected to develop the relationships they did.

Anyway, I'm rooting a Peter & Sergio finale

If you think Peter didn't deserve his second chance, at least he was brought back early during the first eliminations and had his first victory during that time, unlike Ahmed.

FORT Newbie
    Poor Alfonso, his face didn't look too good afterward.

I was rooting for 'fonso - I still like him a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz
    This is different than say when the producers of Survivor decided to bring the Outcasts back or whatever. The competitors actually chose Peter to come back.
    My3boyz you took the words right out of my mouth. I wish the rematch would've happened at the final 2 because they are my favorite, however they both are great boxers and people and they deserve everything that will come to them. We haven't seen the last of Gomez, that is for sure.

FORT Newbie
    Some observations from the show, and watching a few of the extended scenes on the Contender web page.

(1) Was the beach party Jesse's reward? I don't think he got his reward.

(2) They must be running out of bling money. They went from Hummer Limos and private jets to Vegas to Tommy driving the 4 boxers to the beach in a minivan.

(3) Was Tommy eating ice cream directly out of the container instead of putting it into a bowl?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast