+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Hey guys, long time lurker. I finally decided to post. I guess Anthony made me do it. I agree with the last posts. Something about him and his daughter (i'm going to hell too JR.) really bugs me. I don't know what it is, i'm all for great dads, but i'm glad karma bit him in the a$$.

JR.
    Sweet, I'll save you guys a seat

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by cc24ru
    I agree with you JR, before the fight I was like "hmm which guy annoys me more" and I decided that it was Bonsante. His daughter is annoying and I was extremely happy that they got to see SuperDad get waxed. I don't think that makes us "awful, awful men" but I was totally sick of Bonsante's #1 Dad garbage. The guy is the dirtiest fighter I've seen on this show so far and I think he needs some counseling. Winning a boxing match proves nothing to your kids about what kind of father you are.

So yep I was riddled with glee seeing that girl cry but it's best for her...Daddy is not invincible no matter what he tells you.
    Very nice point CC, and I agree with you guys. The whole "im doing it for the kids" talk was getting very annoying. Glad he got knocked out and eliminated.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by demolition
    Very nice point CC, and I agree with you guys. The whole "im doing it for the kids" talk was getting very annoying. Glad he got knocked out and eliminated.
    haha I'm glad I found some likeminded people on here...i've been watching this show all season and tonight i finally wanted to discuss with someone what's been going on, so i actually found this board by typing "contender board" in google.

but anyway...all or most of these guys have children. I was so sick of Bonsante acting like he is the only man in the world with kids. Brinkley has gotten under my skin a lot so far but tonight I actually warmed up to his schtick. His antics fit perfectly tonight in countering Bonsante's "overzealous father" routine. Plus he showed me a lot of guts because he was getting pummeled yet stuck in there and was able to finally pop him good.

Sly and co. said at the end that he got lucky. And maybe he did. But in boxing sometimes all it takes is that one punch. He won and that's it, I don't consider it luck. He had the heart to stay in there and found the window of opportunity and slammed it on #1 Dad's fingers. Good riddance Bonsante family.

FORT Newbie
    Quote:
    Next
    Will one boxer be disqualified before he steps into the ring? Plus, countdown to the live finale!

I assumed they meant that Jesse would be DQ'd from the contest if he didn't make weight before the fight.
    I was rolling reading about you guys going to hell for laughing at Hairy's daughter crying....that was literally the BEST laugh I've had in days.

FORT Regular
    Actually, even if Anthony had gotten away, I think the best he could do was a draw.

Round 1: 10-9 Anthony or 10-9 Jesse, it was pretty close
    Round 2: 10-9 Anthony
    Round 3: 10-9 Jesse
    Round 4: 10-9 Anthony
    Round 5: 10-8 Jesse (because of the knockdown)

I'm not sure how they score in California, but I think that's how the fight would have been scored in Nevada. So if all 3 judges gave Round 1 to Anthony, the fight would have been a draw. If even 1 judge had given round 1 to Jesse, Jesse would have won by decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Good fight. Like Anthony said, it's a shame he couldn't get away from him or he might have won on a split decision

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cc24ru
    Sly and co. said at the end that he got lucky. And maybe he did. But in boxing sometimes all it takes is that one punch. He won and that's it, I don't consider it luck. He had the heart to stay in there and found the window of opportunity
    You're right. In boxing that is the bottom line. I still think Jesse would have lost if it went to the judges, though.

All in all, I was disappointed with the fight. I thought it was going to be much better.

FORT Newbie
    I just watched it again on yahoo and it was even more satisfying than the first time. Watching his daughter scream "NOOO" while Daddy got put on [mod edit] street was quite the guilty pleasure (God am I bad or what ).

The extended footage on "sly's council" was pretty funny too give it a look if you get a chance.

As a human being I feel for Bonsante as this is the end of a dream but as a viewer of the show and with the way this character was portrayed to me, I'm happy that he got KO'd and that his daughter finally learned that Daddy is merely a man.
    Last edited by Wolf; 05-09-2005 at 02:09 AM. Reason: deleted questionable word

Oh goody! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that was getting tired of Anthony's constant crying. Having the pictures of his kids at the conference (again) was just tacky. He's not the only one that has kids. :rolleyes

I don't really care for Jesse that much either, but I was superglad that he knocked out Anthony. Anthony was more like a brawler than a boxer, and like Jesse said, you have to knock out guys like that to neutralize them. I don't believe one second that Jesse threw a lucky punch, as Tommy claimed in the end clips. You could tell that Jesse had a plan and he kept looking for an opening to take Anthony down. Jesse's plan could've backfired, but it didn't and that's what counts.

Anthony's little girl was way into the violence, moreso than the son. She also seemed like a little drama queen. She must take after the dad.

FORT Newbie
    I will give Jesse some Kudos for

(1) Feeling bad about Joey. He wanted him to "earn it" but not that way.

(2) For being a simple country bumpkin, he landed a decent amount of quality shots. After Round 1 - it was Anthony going back to the corner with an obviously bloody nose.

Jesse's analysis of the fight was as he said. Anthony was a fighter and not a boxer. Jesse looked like he was getting pummeled, but timing and accuracy mean a lot too.

I liked this episode - especially Anthony and the 161 pounds. By being a jerk about the extra pound, it could work to his advantage by Jesse not being in prime form, or it could backfire and really tick Jesse off.

+ Reply to Thread