+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I think so, too, and I'm very, very opposed to that. This is not the kind of competition that should be decided by a "Vote the Worst" gag by viewers.
    Exactly Phat. It's way too late in the competition for that. If someone gets disqualified, give his opponent a pass. That's life. The losers have had their chance already.

FORT Newbie
    Karma Sucks!!!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Vote for your fan favorite? Sounds like they are going to bring someone back!
    How long does chicken pox last?
    Maybe Jeff can actually get in and get a chance!

From the site:

Your Vote Counts!
    Vote for your fan favorite to fight in The Contender Undercard Finale

LINK: http://contender.tv.yahoo.com/01/index.html

I put my vote in for Ishe even though it looks like it is going to be Joey and Bosante. I'm hoping Ishe gets his shot at Bosante though.

Bosante 39%
    Joey 29%
    Ishe 8%
    Jeff 6%
    Jimmy 5%

These are the top vote getters so far.

VOTE ISHE!!!

I have been watching this show faithfully every Sunday, and I've cringed/closed my eyes watching a fight. I've also been shocked by the outcome of a few, but I have to say this is the first time I was cringing, shocked, with my jaw hanging open all at once. And I was actually motivated to post for a change.

I wasn't strongly rooting for either contestant this time around. I don't love Jesse, and I don't hate Anthony, but after that press conference, I found them both kinda icky, but Anthony finally worked my last nerve during that press conference. I won't go into why he bugs me, because I would just go off on a tangent... but let's just say that I was kind of hoping he'd be put in his place - even just a little.

Sticking strictly to the fight, and remembering the previews vaguely, I expected someone to take a fall, but I really thought it would be Jesse (editing, the ass whuppin', the weight loss, etc.). Anthony beat the crap out of him and he just kept coming.

When he got that second hit in on Anthony that knocked his head back, I just had to look away. I may not have loved Anthony, but I wouldn't want to see anyone fall like that and struggle so mightily to get up. I know he didn't want them to call the fight, but he was in no shape to fight. He was falling down. Poor guy.

Now that it's down to the final four, I'm surprised that I don't have a favorite. I can't decide who I'll root for as the final winner - maybe Peter? Maybe Alfonso? Sergio? The only one I'm 'ehh' about is Jesse. And realistically, the reason I like Peter is because his daughter is just adorable and easy to root for.

OK, I feel better now that I got that out of my system.

FORT Newbie
    Actually the voting is for another fight!
    Go to ticketmaster.com, type in the contender!
    You get two listings...
    One is for the FINALE FIGHT and the other...

THE CONTENDER : BATTLE FOR BRONZE and FAN FAVORITES
    Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV
    Tue, May 24, 2005

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Vote for your fan favorite? Sounds like they are going to bring someone back!

ETA from the official Contender site:
    http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Contender/
    That's the tagline from the last episode. It's supposed to make you think that Jesse might have been disqualified during tonights episode.

Anyway, I like Jesse, and was glad to see him do to Anthiny what he did to Brent. I say the whole act from Jesse was a plot to gas Anthony's head up. he got a wind of confidence that he shouldn't have.

My fav is still in for the whole tournament, Peter Manfredo.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    He thinks he can sweat off 8 pounds...? Oh come on...if that works than a whole lot of people are gonna be donning a Hefty Trashbag when they go for a jog.
    Don't go throwing your money away, the suit only gets rid of water weight. As soon as you eat or drink it'll come right back.

Another great fight! I hated Anthony more than Jesse, so I'm happy. I am probably an awful, awful man, but Ant's kids (and him constantly talking about them) annoyed me and I was glad to see them crying. I'm going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Another great fight! I hated Anthony more than Jesse, so I'm happy. I am probably an awful, awful man, but Ant's kids (and him constantly talking about them) annoyed me and I was glad to see them crying. I'm going to hell.
    If you're going to hell, so am I - for some reason Anthony's daughter irked me to no end. I wasn't Jesse's biggest fan, but so glad Anthony is gone. I wasn't glad to see Anthony's kids crying, but I'm glad I won't have to see them anymore!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Don't go throwing your money away, the suit only gets rid of water weight. As soon as you eat or drink it'll come right back.

I agree with you JR, before the fight I was like "hmm which guy annoys me more" and I decided that it was Bonsante. His daughter is annoying and I was extremely happy that they got to see SuperDad get waxed. I don't think that makes us "awful, awful men" but I was totally sick of Bonsante's #1 Dad garbage. The guy is the dirtiest fighter I've seen on this show so far and I think he needs some counseling. Winning a boxing match proves nothing to your kids about what kind of father you are.

So yep I was riddled with glee seeing that girl cry but it's best for her...Daddy is not invincible no matter what he tells you.

+ Reply to Thread