+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 5/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Anthony's mom says to 'stick and move' and Jesse's wife only say's 'hit him'. Hmmm, Jesse's wife doesnt make the best corner person...
    I was surprised at Jesse's wife as well. She seemed unphased that her man was gettin' beat up. The few "hit him"s she thru in just seemed sort of obligatory comments.

FORT Regular
    I dont believe jesse was just letting anthony pound on him and beat the crap out of him just so he can get a perfect opportunity to knock him out. I only say it was a lucky shot, because anthony didn't put defense at all, and jesse got a clear shot. And in boxing, you usually dont fight like that. You have to have good defense otherwise everyone would beat you. I saw the fight again, and in 4th round you can clearly see anthony was hitting jesse maybe 15 - 1 shots. But Jesse is probably much more skilled, while anthony is more intense. Hate the see Anthony loose, but jesse was a better fighter that night. Best fight yet.

Going on topic with jesse's wife, did anyone notice when jesse was knocking anthony out, jesse's wife yells stop the fight. That was pretty weird. You would think she would want jesse to beat him up.

I agree with you, essentially Jesse got a lucky shot. Anthony was really pommelling him for quite a while. I agree with Stallone and Sugar Ray's comments at the end about Anthony being a street fighter. It was interesting to me how much they showed Anthony say how he was trying to win for his kids...all the while I'm thinking 'well so is Jesse'.

I still can't get over kids at the matches. The emotional roller coaster has to have some effect on them. For example Anthony's daughter was cheering her little heart out as her dad essentially was beating up Jesse pretty good yet when the tables turned she was naturally upset and heartbroken. I don't think I'd want my child to cheer at anyone getting hurt nor would I want them to witness their loved getting hurt. Know what I mean?
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I thought Sugar Ray was spot on when he said that Jesse was just waiting for that right moment. I do not think it was a lucky punch.

I also think Jesse did not seem himself until that last round when it appeared he reached down inside and came out with a different attitude.

I thought Anthony was fighting dirty (ie, holding onto Jesse and punching from behind his head). Sly remarked on it at the end comments when he said it wasn't dirty fighting just brawling. Wonder why Sly said that unless he was hearing somethings that alluded to a dirty fighter.

FORT Regular
    Anthony is just that kind of a boxer. He's not technical. He just jumps on you and try to get you knocked down. Again, I find it a bit humorous for jesse to wait all the way till 5th round to know anthony out considering jesse's both eyes were badly bruised. Just go to contender's site and watch 4th round. Anthony was out throwing punches maybe 10 to 1 in that round.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY
    I still can't get over kids at the matches. The emotional roller coaster has to have some effect on them. For example Anthony's daughter was cheering her little heart out as her dad essentially was beating up Jesse pretty good yet when the tables turned she was naturally upset and heartbroken. I don't think I'd want my child to cheer at anyone getting hurt nor would I want them to witness their loved getting hurt. Know what I mean?
    I completely agree. While we're on the subject of the kids, I have something to admit. While normally I am in no way the kind of guy who goes "awwwww" everytime a kid shows up on the screen, Jesse's daughter was so adorable. It almost made me emotional seeing how much she looked to him with such awe and amazement. At that point, my disdain for Jesse melted and I was rooting for him. (And of course the disgusting behavior of Anthony's daughter and mother really sealed the deal for me.) As far as Jesse's wife, I really appreciated her stoicism. It was much better for her to stay calm and secretly pray for him to win than to freak out and get the little girl upset.
    Last edited by corprip; 05-12-2005 at 03:12 AM. Reason: My spelling sucked the first time.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    As far as Jesse's wife, I really appreciated her stoicism. It was much better for her to stay calm and secretly pray for him to win than to freak out and get the little girl upset.
    Well, I don't think she was completely stoic, but on the Contender Wife/Girlfriend continuum, she showed more restraint than some of the others.

Say what you will about her outfit. I don't think it was a good choice for someone with her figure, but that had nothing to do with how she conducted herself at ringside.

I was impressed that she was right up against the ring, calling for a stop to the fight, when it was obvious that her boyfriend had his opponent beaten.

Exhibiting mercy for the athlete standing between her family and $1 million? That's not something you see every day. It's definitely something I wouldn't expect from Bonsante or his family.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    I completely agree. While we're on the subject of the kids, I have something to admit. While normally I am in no way the kind of guy who goes "awwwww" everytime a kid shows up on the screen, Jesse's daughter was so adorable. It almost made me emotional seeing how much she looked to him with such awe and amazement.
    Yeah, Jesse's daughter is really adorable. And she looks exactly like her dad - she's like little Jesse with hair. I found it so cute when Jesse brought out her toy tiara from the locker room and handed it to her before entering the ring. Awww!

As for Jesse's girlfriend, while I liked the way she conducted herself during the fight, I didn't think her outfit was appropriate for someone with her figure either.

As for Jesse's girlfriend, while I liked the way she conducted herself during the fight, I didn't think her outfit was appropriate for someone with her figure either.
    LMAO
    I was thinking the same thing! Especially since she knew she would be on tv. But, there is nothing wrong with showing off your best assets...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011