+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by perennialprince
    wow, lots of Anthony bashing here. You can't fault him for putting his kids first.
    I just have a problem with the way he's going about it. He is past his prime, and if he is so concerned with taking care of his kids he should get a real job.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    ....if he is so concerned with taking care of his kids he should get a real job.
    Didn't he say he had a job working night shift somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason
    From the site:

Your Vote Counts!
    Vote for your fan favorite to fight in The Contender Undercard Finale

LINK: http://contender.tv.yahoo.com/01/index.html

I put my vote in for Ishe even though it looks like it is going to be Joey and Bosante. I'm hoping Ishe gets his shot at Bosante though.

Bosante 39%
    Joey 29%
    Ishe 8%
    Jeff 6%
    Jimmy 5%

These are the top vote getters so far.

VOTE ISHE!!!

So the top two will fight against each other? What will be the prize money involved?
    I'm so acrophobic, I fainted when I first tried on a pair of socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Didn't he say he had a job working night shift somewhere?
    He has a 50 hour a week job in a departmental store as a production supervisor, not sure how well it pays though!
    I'm so acrophobic, I fainted when I first tried on a pair of socks.

FORT Regular
    Why does everyone like jesse more? Anthony threw like 50 punches and jesse barely had any. That was definetely a lucky shot. I liked both jesse and anthony, but I liked anthony more because he played a game with strategy. Like when he chose Brent, he was obviously playing for the money and not to make friends on a tv show. I like all 4 finalists, except alfonso, he kinda gets on my nerves.

What do you guys think if next week it's alfonso vs. manfredo? Would that be cool or what. And Peter would probably win this time cause he was waay stronger against joey then he was the first time against alfonso. Cant wait next week's show.

I just have a problem with the way he's going about it. He is past his prime, and if he is so concerned with taking care of his kids he should get a real job.
    Excuse him for trying to get his kids as much as he can. Working as a supervisor even overtime doesn't exactly pay $1,000,000.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisso
    Why does everyone like jesse more? Anthony threw like 50 punches and jesse barely had any. That was definetely a lucky shot. I liked both jesse and anthony, but I liked anthony more because he played a game with strategy. Like when he chose Brent, he was obviously playing for the money and not to make friends on a tv show. I like all 4 finalists, except alfonso, he kinda gets on my nerves.

What do you guys think if next week it's alfonso vs. manfredo? Would that be cool or what. And Peter would probably win this time cause he was waay stronger against joey then he was the first time against alfonso. Cant wait next week's show.

Excuse him for trying to get his kids as much as he can. Working as a supervisor even overtime doesn't exactly pay $1,000,000.
    There is no such thing as luck in a boxing ring. Jesse executed a textbook blow that'll surely put someone out on their feet. That's what he needed to do to win the fight, and I find it much more skillfull to actually land such a blow in the clutch.

There's three types of victories in boxing. That is one of them, and is no less earned than going to the cards. Jesse waited for the moment, and executed in perfect fashion.

Although I do agree with you about anthonys tactics for getting to where he is {was}. He did what he had to do. There's nothing wrong with doing this for your kids. 1 million for a fight is a great way to put yourself in a good positionw ith your family. I just got sick of hearing about the damn kids every time he talked. The majority of the boxers on the show have kids as well, and didn't need to make light of them thw whole time.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisso
    Why does everyone like jesse more? Anthony threw like 50 punches and jesse barely had any. That was definetely a lucky shot. ...snippage...
    Anthony and Jesse both have powerful punches. If you watch the re-cap in Sly's office, there is argument on this topic. Sugar Ray and one of the trainers believe Jesse was setting Anthony up for the knockout. That Jesse was using his brains a lot more, and boxing more - fighting less. Tommy thinks it was a lucky shot.

Personally, I think although Anthony threw more shots, that Jesse's shots were more accurate when it mattered, and that yes, Jesse did set him up for the TKO.

FORT Newbie
    It was not luck, if u watch the fight on yahoo, you will see Jesse has attempted the uppercut before. It was skillful because Bontasante was just going APE, what the ringside advisors told him to do: To forget boxing!

Bontasante had not done a single thing to defend himself, letting his face stick out, and did anyone else see that tooth fly out on 2nd uppercut?

Yep, Jesse did attempt to take out Anthony several times, before he conntected in the 5th round. It was no lucky shot. Jesse had a plan, and he stuck to it. Anthony wasn't boxing, he was just throwing crazy punches to try to overpower Jesse, but Jesse got him.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    and if he is so concerned with taking care of his kids he should get a real job.
    Can't that be said for all of them then? Admittedly, I rarely sit down and watch the full hour of these reality shows (getting things done around the house as I watch), so I probably missed alot of Anthony's yammering on and on about his kids. I just don't understand how it is enjoyable to see a kid cry, for any reason. I could be wrong, but I think a few posters mentioned his son crying as well. I don't recall that, but maybe I missed it. From what I remember, he seemed disappointed, but wasn't being overly dramatic. As far as Anthony bringing pictures of his kids to the press conference - yeah, that was cheesy, but so was Jesse's little stunt of handing his kid her crown before the fight to complete her little princess outfit. All of these boxers are using the "I'm doing it for my family" bit and it's one part of the show I'd like to see done away with if there is a second season. It really doesn't add much, and I think we can all agree that allowing these kids (some younger than others) to attend these fights is just wrong.

I lost a little respect for Anthony when he forced Jesse to lose that extra 1/2 pound. I suppose it was strategy and you have to do what you have to do to win, but it just seemed like he wanted a free ride to the final 4. I thought Jesse was annoying when he was doing things such as saying "oooooooo" at the press conference and sticking out his tounge. He did it once during the fight and then again in the corner. Too cocky for me.

+ Reply to Thread