+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a second?

FORT Newbie

Will there be a second?

Will there be a season 2 The Contender? This is Middle Weight right? So they could do a Heavy Weight and a Light Weight, possibly! I don't know how the rating is going for the show but it is a really good show to me at least!

A lot of hype was built up for Contender. Here in India it is aired 10 times a week on AXN and is getting very good response. I do hope there will be part 2.
    I'm so acrophobic, I fainted when I first tried on a pair of socks.

FORT Newbie
    crossing fingers here, this show is very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn888
    A lot of hype was built up for Contender. Here in India it is aired 10 times a week on AXN and is getting very good response. I do hope there will be part 2.
    Are you serious? Because if you are, I'd be curious to know why you think it went over so well in India. It's had a fair-to-middling response in the States.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Are you serious? Because if you are, I'd be curious to know why you think it went over so well in India. It's had a fair-to-middling response in the States.
    Yes it was aired 10 times a week and 4 times during primetime. It is also the only reality show which is telecast 'live' in India, that is we see it at the same time that people in the states see it. Others like TAR are shown 12-24 hours later. It got a very good response from India that is for sure. Why it got such a good response puzzles me, considering that Survivor and Big brother got extremely poor viewership.

I sure hope so. I haven't watched much boxing. During the Tyson years, boxing turned into a big freak show. This show has reminded me what was good about boxing: A guy with skill and ability getting his shot at the big time. I love it. Wish the fights didn't get edited down so much.

I am in the belief that TAR and Contender do well in Asia because it is something we can easily understand.

If I had to have some of my friends and relatives watch Survivor or Big Brother, I am guessing they will get confused. What is an immunity, why did they vote him/her off, what are these challenges for? etc.

Destron - was that post for real???

Every reality show has a premise and ground rules that are spelt out at the beginning of each episode.

What is the implication? That reality shows like Survivor and Big Brother are too complex for the Asian audience to follow??

Quote Originally Posted by cantadora

Every reality show has a premise and ground rules that are spelt out at the beginning of each episode.

What is the implication? That reality shows like Survivor and Big Brother are too complex for the Asian audience to follow??
    I think what he meant was that it is complex to follow if you start watching say from the sixth episode. Then you are confused as to whats happening and not many will go to the site and read up the rules they will just change the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by cantadora

I had a good chuckle over Destron's post, as I myself am Asian and could only imagine the havoc that would ensue if my mother, my auntie or my grandmother tried to watch Survivor or Big Brother with me.

Having said that, we're dipping our toes into waters that are generally considered off-limits for this board. (Please see our rules as they relate to discussions of racism, ageism, etc.)

Now, why don't we get back to discussing why Bonsante sucks or how much y'all like Alfonso Gomez?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast