+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a second?

FORT Newbie
    i dont really like alfonso so much, he's ok.
    what happened to everyone hating on Bonsante?
    I hope he kicks Jesse's ass.

Oooh, phat, I LOVE Alfonso. He's groovy.

And Anthony still bites ass, but so does Jesse.. so I'm hoping they knock each other out. Two-for-one.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by SquallRealm
    i dont really like alfonso so much, he's ok.
    what happened to everyone hating on Bonsante?
    Well, I was being a little facetious...

As for Bonsante, my feeling is that we all have short-term memories (from watching too much television): Bonsante ate some hate for a week or two, everyone pushed the "reset" button and moved on to something else.

(Except for this next guy, who's still the standard-bearer for Bonsante Hatin'.)

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    And Anthony still bites ass, but so does Jesse.. so I'm hoping they knock each other out. Two-for-one.
    Well, this is a "can't-lose" situation for you, then, a little like Scott Savol and Anthony Federov hitting bottom two earlier this week on Idol.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Newbie
    This show came 20 years too late...too bad because there is a lot of great back stories and good house drama.

I love this show and truly hope it will live on to see another season. Considering the huge audiences that PPV boxing gets, I can't understand why this show hasn't got better ratings. I'm not a huge fan of Reality Shows in general, but this one had my heart from the first episode.

Well, I did do PR for a local boxing gym for awhile and we had a Golden Gloves middle weight contender at the time, so maybe that's why I'm so enthralled by this show.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of Jesse's (probably cause he reminds me so much of the coach at that boxing gym) but I'm guessing it will be Peter or Sergio to take this thing. Can't wait for that fight!! We'll get to see it LIVE without the creative editing.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind there being a second season of this show. One reason why I think it may not be getting great ratings is because of its time slot. Maybe its just me but I'm usually so busy getting ready for the week that I completely miss it on Sundays...and then I realise its on and miss half of each episode
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    I love this show!! Not only am I a girl (well a mature-um-lets use female) who doesn't normally like boxing. The Contender grabbed me in by the mostly unscripted drama. Which is what most reality tv fans want. There is going to be drama just based on the fact that at one point or another you are going to fight someone you get along with. You are gonna be eliminated or eliminate the other. I usually don't pick my faves until the fight. I base it on which family deserves it, which family interacts well. Well that theory went out the window with Bonsante. Sweet guy, sweet kids. But he bawled. I'm sorry, Alfonso will make you really cry. Now I realize that the guy I think has the biggest heart, and one hell of a chin, will not necessarily win this entire competition, I enjoy watching. Who will join my ALFONSO in the finals. I am surprised that this show does not appeal to more. Ya know, the jocks, studs the all around athletes. But for women, the real human drama is the family. We send our men out into similar battle grounds, but if we supported them as these women do, we might be able to bridge that gap between women and men (communication 101).

If you want unscripted drama watch the Contender, and read Phat32's recaps.

FORT Newbie
    I pray for a second season. I'd like to see lightweight or feather weights...they usually have pretty busy rounds. I'm a 33 year old female, too....but I don't watch it for the drama, although I don't mind it. I watch it because I just love boxing, and I like to see a little of these guys outside the ring. I know more about boxing than my DH and all his friends combined...this is just a boxing bonus for me!

Is it true? Will there be a second season?

Q?
    Is it true? Will there be a second season?
    R.
    Rumors point to yes.

Tommy Gallahger, you know the bald guy on the show
    say's they already did the scouting and casting for the second season.

The other rumor I heard was that it will be overseas. Somewhere in Europe. East will still meet West.

Another rumor is that if it is not picked up by the local network NBC. It will be picked up by a Cable Network, maybe spike TV.

Until I hear a definate no from MB, NBC, Sly or any one else connected to the show, I will assume that there will be a second season.

So I guess it will be 8 of the OG (Original Contenders) against 8 new fighters. That would be a sweet deal

That's all I got for now.

Peace
    ę Last Edit: Today at 3:25pm by The Contender II Ľ

Tuesday, May 10, 2005
    Sly appeared on Imus in the morning.
    He said the show is still doing very bad in the ratings.
    He did not say if there was going to be a second season.
    What he did say, was that there is a possibility the show will not be around next year.
    This leads me to believe that there will be at least a second season.
    My opinion is that they move out of that Sunday nitght time slot.
    (As mentioned by others here)

Out.

FORT Newbie
    that be cool if it was us meets european fighters!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast