+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: 4/24 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie
    Kirk's predictions:

Joey is a great athelete and does really well on the challenges. Down to four of the ELite eight, the next challenge determines the next two fights. Joey wins the challenge.

Anthony refuses to leave the competition. Joey fights Anthony. Leaving Peter to fight Jesse. Now the million dollar question, is Anthony faking the injury?

Joey Wins and Peter wins.

Elite 8
    Sergio over Ishe (done)
    Alfonso over Ahmed (done)
    Joey over Anthony (not done yet, unless Anthony is faking)
    Peter over Jesse

Final 4
    Sergio over Joey or Alfonso
    Peter over Alfonso or Joey

For the final bout
    Sergio vs Peter

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk
    Joey over Anthony (not done yet, unless Anthony is faking)
    Peter over Jesse
    I'd have a hard time making the call. Anthony and Jesse are both big guys, fast, and strong hitters. Joey has a lot of heart, and that might work in his favor even at this stage.

I don't have that much faith in Peter. But, then, I thought that Miguel won the fight against him, and frankly, I still do.

Sergio over Joey or Alfonso
    Peter over Alfonso or Joey
    Mora vs. Gilbert and Manfredo (if he gets that far) vs. Gomez would be two extremely exciting bouts (depending on the condtion they're in), but I would especially like to see Manfredo vs. Gomez.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Newbie
    I read some more details on the Sergio-Ishe fight and it looks like Ishe got screwed out of a win.

-The fight was a split decision, which was edited out of the show. The crowd booing the decision was also edited out.

-Sergio was completely out on his feet for part of the final round but they didn't show it. However, in the trainer's recap on the official site, it is mentioned that Sergio wouldn't have been able to go another round because his jaw was hurt.

-We actually saw very little footage of the last 2 rounds. A minute each out of 3 minute rounds.

well, according to Alfonso's webpage, there was a split decision, but it seems like Sergio was winning Round 5 anyway (even if he did bobble there at the very end.)

Here is a little of what Alfonso posted on his site.

Going into the fifth I told Ishe ďTo me the fight is 2-2, you need this round convincingly to win the fightĒ

Sergio was landing more punches and was winning the round, until 10 seconds before the bell. Ishe landed a right hook on Sergioís temple that wobbled him. After the bell rung, Sergio was about to fall but Jeremy (bald coach) jumped inside the ring and lifted Sergio in the air. It was very very close fight and for the first time there was a split decision.

http://new.alfonsosgomez.com/page4.htm

FORT Newbie
    Ok first of all the guy in the Red , white, and blue skirt that we saw in next week's previews was Manfredo. Someone is gonna get brutally knocked out in one of the next 2 episodes. And, Peter WILL get a chance at redemption!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newsman
    Ok first of all the guy in the Red , white, and blue skirt that we saw in next week's previews was Manfredo. Someone is gonna get brutally knocked out in one of the next 2 episodes. And, Peter WILL get a chance at redemption!!
    "Redemption"? Against whom? Alfonso?

I think by getting a second shot at The Contender, Manfredo's already had his shot at redemption...and took it when he beat Espino.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I wonder how those casting agents did such a great job of finding boxers who'd really kick a$$ when the music peaked???

You're funny, you're old enough to remember the original SNL, and you rescue animals... wonderful traits to have!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Was Peter the one talking about how his mother had to take the train everywhere she went?
    No, it was Miguel. The one that lost to Peter Manfredo.

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=Pomeraniac]You KIDS -- you're just so young!!! You remind me of my beloved coworker who's too young to have ever used a typewriter before she showed up at my office!!! You poor kids missed out on so much!![QUOTE]

I started working during the tail end of those days. There was carbon paper if you wanted to make a copy of what you were typing.

+ Reply to Thread