+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 4/24 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Yes we do Unk, Yes we do.
    Joey fights again next week...the preview didn't really show who he fights though.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    That was the most hyped up I've been about two men pummeling each other. I was hooting and hollering and woke the kidlet up! Now I understand the emotion that true sports fan have.

Alfonso has been a favorite of mine since the beginning. It was always nice that he has had a lot of exposure throughout the show. Man it would be sweet if he won the whole thing!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Well, I was too young to watch SNL when that first aired, but oddly enough, I just saw that today on my 25 year SNL DVD so I knew exactly what you meant Unk.
    You KIDS -- you're just so young!!! You remind me of my beloved coworker who's too young to have ever used a typewriter before she showed up at my office!!! You poor kids missed out on so much!!

Anywhoo, back to the show -- they said that next week Joey The Mouth is going to be one of the fighters!!!

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Geez, Ishe. Settle down. :rolleyes

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    , I'm stunned. Sergio won.
    I'm in Arizona so I haven't seen the fight yet. I'm looking forward to Ishe losing though.

Wow! Two great fights tonight! I was at the edge of my seat. That's how excited I was.

I didn't really care for Ishe, but for a moment there, I wanted him to win because the others (jesse,peter, anthony, joey) were ganging up on him. But then again, I really liked Sergio, so I'm glad he won in the end.

Did you guys notice that Ahmed was shushed by the trainer when he tried to give Sergio a boxing strategy to use? That just made me laugh.

The other interesting thing is how Joey is deceiving the other boxers, but he acted so offended when Anthony pulled a fast one on him. I'm glad that Sergio's got his number though.

Alfonso was so good tonight. He can take the punches, and he is also very methodical. Alfonso reminded me (a little) of Julio Cesar Chavez, the mexican fighter from the late 80's and early 90's, that was just a force to be reckon with.

Go, Alfonso. As of right now, I pick him to win it all!

FORT Fan
    West coast just ended, those fights were great Best of all, my two favorites are in the final 4 now!

I thought the best part was in the fourth or fifth round when Alfonso raised his hand, and a second later Ahmed did too. The camera zoomed in and he got smacked in the face!

At least, that's what I saw. It may have been my mind trying to make the fights cooler...

FORT Newbie
    Sergio vs Ishe - I don't think I heard the announcer say it was by unanimous decision. Anyone else remember? Sergio has good reach, and can really get his hips into his hooks - lots of power that way, and with the long arms, it's almost like throwing an elbow in there.

Did Sergion really frustrate Ishe or what? He slipped a lot of Ishe's punches, and was even playing head games and making fun of Ishe.

FORT Newbie
    Alfonso vs Ahmed - just watch the challenges, Ahmed can't go the distance, he is not conditioned like the others. Honestly I think Gomez could have TKO'd Ahmed in the third but didn't for whatever reason.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Bad move, in my opinion. Joey has been acting like the puppetmaster, like he thinks that move will buy him a rest this round.

Manfredo seemed more irked by the fact that Joey let him win.
    Joey could be a stand up guy or it could be planning and strategy. Either way it worked, Peter's not going to screw him because Joey let him get a 40K SUV. Peter has class too.

Joey has the Sly supplements endorsements and a law degree. He's going to do OK in life, he didn't "need" the SUV.

+ Reply to Thread