+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4/10 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    It was a unanimous decision, too!
    I don't see it being unanimous. Juan got his share of butt whupping.

I liked Tarick's presence in Contender Gym and his observations about the other boxers, but from the way he fought, he does not belong in the ring anymore, any more than Brent Cooper did.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Fogey
    I'm surprised this show hasnt caught on. I find it to be very engaging and the fights have been pretty good IMO.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I don't see it being unanimous. Juan got his share of butt whupping.
    I agree, Unk. I agree.

Boy, they sure just tore Juan apart..but I have to agree. He was a very lucky man tonight.

Now That's what I'm Talking About

A good fight between two men (and I repeat TWO MEN) unlike that punk Anthony who should be ashamed of himself for acting like a scary cat last week. Congrats to both. This is what I needed after last week.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    I'm surprised this show hasnt caught on. I find it to be very engaging and the fights have been pretty good IMO.
    I'm not surprised that this show hasn't caught on more, DetGuy, 'cause even though I love reality TV even I have trouble getting "into" this show like I have with other reality TV shows.

I find the whole thing to be a bit too serious -- everyone's depicted as being a warrior, a gladiator, a tragic hero -- just because they've chosen to be a boxer. It's way too serious.

There's not enough catfighting, etc., like we see on Survivor or The Apprentice.

I watch this show 'cause I have always liked Stallone, and I do like a good knock-down, drag-out fight every once in a while (as long as I'm not in it).

But all in all, I'm not surprised that this show's not doing too well in the ratings.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    I'm not that surprised at the result. Tarick hadn't fought in at least two years. Since he just wanted a fair shot and got it, I think he's gonna go back into retirement.

They're making it look like Joey gets knocked out next week.

FORT Newbie
    What's with Tommy yelling "Don't scratch the Toyota?"

(1) They are trucks
    (2) The challenge involves throwing a couple thousand pounds of concrete in the the thing

Ishe is holding in too much anger about Anthony. Alfonso has it right, get past it, if it keeps eating Ishe it will affect his training an dperformance.

FORT Newbie
    Juan didn't throw any jabs (the boxers staple punch). Juan really went off balance to try some of his throws.

Tarick was the smarter boxer, and I agree with Sly, if he'd been a couple years younger, it'd have been a different outcome. Juan's non technical ability will hurt him (possibly literally) if he goes up against the more experienced boxers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast