+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/3 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    I too think that you should be allowed to fight whomever you want. But for whatever reason, both teams had the remaining fights all matched up. Because of this, I think what Anthony did was wrong - he not only lied to everyone, he gave himself an easy fight, and he game himself the upper hand.
    I respectfully disagree.

We have to remember that just like Survivor or The Apprentice this is a GAME. Yes, they are real, sanctioned matches. But the rest of it is a game they are playing to win a million bucks. Nobody is surprised when someone lies or misleads on Survivor ...

I think Anthony was a punk! He totally misled his team to believe he was going to choose Jimmy like agreed upon, all the while secretly stating he's doing what's best for his family. Sure I understand why he wanted to choose Brent and more or less ensure a win but if he was such a man he would have simply told the team his intentions instead of surprising them all and then hoping they'd understand his decision. Be a real man and speak up for yourself Anthony.

Then...he proceeded to take some type of glee in hurting Brent. I'm not a boxing fan but I do enjoy this show so I'm willing to go along with this-is-normal for boxing vibe. I just didn't like his attitude throughout the show and will take great delight in his defeat (albeit not beaten to a pulp...can't say any of them deserve that).
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    I know it matters who the boxers have fought, but I don't know any of that and haven't seen it discussed anywhere. I still don't see why everyone thinks it was a sure win for Anthony in a fight against Brent.

I think physically and record-wise, Tarrick-Jimmy and Joey-Juan would make for good matches.

I just watched my first episode and i liked the show. A question: Do the boxers get paid if they win a single match?
    I'm so acrophobic, I fainted when I first tried on a pair of socks.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    That's a helluva reward...considering tickets to Leno are free.
    When you consider that they are in Vegas, flew to and from LA, got to watch the tonight show and got to meet Jay after the show. I'd say it was a nice reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I would do the same thing, I think, if I were ever on a reality show. Um, don't worry, don't worry. You won't be seeing me on any reality TV show!
    What about the new Animal Planet show, Living with Poms?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    When you consider that they are in Vegas, flew to and from LA, got to watch the tonight show and got to meet Jay after the show. I'd say it was a nice reward.
    The final live event fight is in Vegas but I'm pretty sure the Gym and challenges are all in the L.A. area.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    ^ That sounds right. I heard Peter say last time something about going from little Providence to fighting fights in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn888
    I just watched my first episode and i liked the show. A question: Do the boxers get paid if they win a single match?
    Yep, I read they get a prize purse after each win. Not sure how much it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn888
    Not sure how much the purse is, but the boxers do get paid for winning a match. Alfonso stated in his website that Jesse gave his winnings to Jonathan Reid so he could take his kids to Disneyland. That was such a sweet and kind move by Jesse.

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk
    The final live event fight is in Vegas but I'm pretty sure the Gym and challenges are all in the L.A. area.
    You're right and I'm a moron... one of the first challenges was running up to the Hollywood sign. The Ultimate Fighter's in Vegas, I must have got them confused...

+ Reply to Thread