+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/3 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Ishe has grace and humility. Anthony is just a disgusting pig. I agree, realityluver, he took way too much pleasure in pounding Brent. Very sadistic.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    I don't have a problem with Anthony deciding who to fight for himself, it's just the way he did it.
    I didn't like the deceit either, but maybe Anthony had reason to believe his team would throw the challenge if they knew his plans. These teams don't seem too please when a member goes against the will of the group, whether they are up-front about it or not.

I have absolutely no problem with the way Bonsante handled himself in the ring. It's boxing, and every time you step in the ring, you're taking the chance that the person in the other corner is going to be not a very nice man (or woman). If you're an also-ran like Brent Cooper, then you're going to get beaten, disgraced and sent home. I chalked up Bonsante's...enthusiasm to the fact both his and his opponent's teams were cheering against him. Poor, outclassed Brent Cooper was simply the brunt of it.

Also, let's not forget that if Gilbert wanted Cooper so badly, then he could have made a case for himself and toed the line this week.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Who is Gilbert? Is that Joey's last name? You'd think I know, but I don't.
    It was too late for Joey to make his case, because Anthony had already toed the line, and because of his deceit, no one knew that he was planning on picking Brent instead of Jimmy.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I have absolutely no problem with the way Bonsante handled himself in the ring. It's boxing, and every time you step in the ring, you're taking the chance that the person in the other corner is going to be not a very nice man (or woman). If you're an also-ran like Brent Cooper, then you're going to get beaten, disgraced and sent home.
    I guess that's why I'm not really a fan of boxing, I hate the brutality of the sport... just can't resist a good reality show.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

FORT Fan
    this is an individual competition, in an individual sport. i think anthony did the right thing, both in terms of picking the right fight for himself and messing with other people's expectations.

he got the best matchup he could for himself, can anyone really blame him for that? he had to lie to do it, but who among us wouldn't lie to keep a chance to win a million dollars? i'll tell you who, only the stupid.

as to getting everyone made at him, so what? it's boxing, they'll get the chance to try and beat him up later for it.
    Last edited by m0ckeryj0nes; 04-04-2005 at 01:04 PM. Reason: ick
    "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" - a wise third grade shop teacher

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes
    he got the best matchup he could for himself, can anyone really blame him for that?
    I don't think he went for the best matchup, he went for the easy pickings. He's like Omarosa, Richard Hatch, Wendy Pepper, and all the other conniving reality villains out there.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    How in the world did Brent get a spot on this show? He doesn't seem like a very good fighter, IMO.
    He's pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    I didn't like the deceit either, but maybe Anthony had reason to believe his team would throw the challenge if they knew his plans. These teams don't seem too please when a member goes against the will of the group, whether they are up-front about it or not.
    Yeah, I'd buy that. Alfonso (website) said that when Miguel and Sergio originally planned to take an 'easy' fight to get to the next round, Ishe (I think it was him) wanted the rest of the team to throw the challenge so they wouldn't have that option. I'm all for fair fights, but just let these guys pick their own destiny. Did you guys hear what Anthony said in the beginning? He said he was choosing Jimmy Lange but he had "no choice in the matter". That's not how it should be. How can other people really tell you who suits you best in the ring?

The only thing is, I also found it unnecessary to midlead everyone on his own team so much. He mentioned taking on Jimmy quite a bit and I can only assume he continued to tell them that in the locker room. And I don't know if he took pleasure in pummeling Brent. He did look a little insane though... in a zone.

I like how at the end of the match, Angry Ishe said "It's personal" and Sergio replied "it's boxing".

Oh well, the drama makes for good TV.

FORT Newbie
    the best matchup for himself? no way! brent was not in his class. He was no match for him, and it showed. Someone like jimmy would be more a challenge. He chose the easy way out.

I agree that they should pick their fights, but Anthony gets no respect from me because he chose the easy way out and couldn't be a man about it to tell the group who he really wanted to fight. And then him hiding behind his family excuse was pretty lame.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    He didn't believe he could beat Jimmy. That was obvious. He mentioned something about Jimmy's long, monster arms or whatever it was. So, he chose a lesser fighter than Jimmy, but that fighter just happened to be a lesser fighter than him (Anthony).

Just thought I'd post something from Alfonso's site. He was also ok with people choosing their own fights, but was disgusted with Anthony's behavior in the ring:

In the locker room I told him that when it comes down to it, we all chose our fights...so if he wanted to fight whom ever..then that was his choice..... after the fight I felt responsible for Brent getting injured. Because I said "Ok" to Tony's decision....maybe if I would of said "NO"...things would of being different.
    Aw, heart of gold.

What pissed me off, wasn't the fact the Tony won...because in this game someone's gotta lose. Neither did it piss me off that Tony won by KO..because that's part of the game. The thing that infuriated me was the way Tony behaved himself in the ring. After he was beating Brent to death...he raises his arms in the air and begins to celebrate his horrific victory. Like if he would of beat a world championÖ..
    Last edited by Mis; 04-04-2005 at 02:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread