+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/3 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Hey, Mis, didn't you look into Cooper's background and find that he's lost a ton of fights, including his last fight to a challenger from Sister Maria's School for Girls?

Well, hello, Brent Cooper's girlfriend!
    haha, yeah. I had heard he was pretty horrible. He lost to some guy named Strickland with a 60-something win/200-something loss record. I mean, that's not TOO atrocious, is it?

Of course, I did feel bad for Brent during the 'walk of shame'. He looked BAD. Plus, a sobbing man in the shower is always sad indeed.

And someone tell Sly to stop saying the same things to the boxers as they leave. They'll all find out anyway.

I don't blame Anthony for picking his own fight either. This IS a competition after all. He's right, he didn't sign up to make friends. Although, he was incredibly misleading and I'd be annoyed if someone purposely kept acting like they were gonna do one thing and then did another.

With (supposed) East weakest #1 (Jeff) gone and now (supposed) East weakest #2 (Brent) hitting the bricks, Joey has like no chance to make it past Round 1 - unless he can 'pull an Alfonso' and beat someone who looks a lot better than him on paper.

It looks like the only one from the West who doesn't care that Anthony 'backstabbed' them is Sergio. At least he agreed to be in Ant's corner while the rest even refused to clap for him at ringside, lol.

edit: And I agree with phat about Ishe's hypocricy. I do like Ishe, but seriously, ever since beating Ahmed, he's on some weird ego trip. It's not ok for everyone to pressure him into a fight, but it's ok to use the 'majority rules' decision and have everyone set up matches for each boxer left.
    Last edited by Mis; 04-03-2005 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mis
    It looks like the only one from the West who doesn't care that Anthony 'backstabbed' them is Sergio. At least he agreed to be in Ant's corner while the rest even refused to clap for him at ringside, lol.
    Right. Was the West just supposed to serve up a weak fighter to Gilbert because he needs help getting to the next round? What a bunch of nonsense.

From the way Mora handled himself during his fight, I think he has a lot of class.

Ishe Smith has a lot of balls for bad-mouthing Bonsante for doing something he himself wanted to do: Get away from team politics and consider his own best interests.

Besides, once they reach the Elite Eight, all this Team West/Team East junk isn't going to matter.

Plus, a sobbing man in the shower is always sad indeed.
    Good thing you're not in my house Monday mornings when I'm getting ready for work, then.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I'm still watching the episode, but I have to comment on the Anthony fiasco. I think he's being a little scandalous, mainly because he's padding his score. He's taking on someone weak who he can easily beat rather than taking on his match just so he can bank an easy win. It's how Manfredo got such an "impressive" record. Anthony's family excuse is just gross, especially the way he has their pictures on the table at the press conference. He's scared and he's hiding behind his family.

ETA: OMG I saw the fight. Poor. Brent.

Anthony is the Wendy Pepper of Contender.
    Last edited by corprip; 04-03-2005 at 10:52 PM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    What the heck was Sharon Stone doing there?

And can someone explain to me what the effects of Anthony's decision might be? Did they all pick who they'd be fighting a long time ago?

And did Anthony back out of whatever it is he agreed to back then?

Yes he did Anthony said he was going to fight Cooper. He said that would beat his a** and all. But then off camera he said he didn't want to fight him and all. He should have just told his team he didn't want to fight Joey and he wanted to fight Cooper because now everyone on his team doesn't trust him and all wants a piece of him because he didn't keep his word. Or speak up before. They also planned out with was going to fight out of the guys who haven't thought yet from what both teams said. That's how it was bought up Anthony would fight Joey. :rolleyes
    SmiLeyGuRL

FORT Newbie
    i dont know. true, he had to fight for himself, but why not be a man and come out with it. As was said in the show, he now has a target on his back. He gave Jimmy an even bigger desire to want to fight him.

Even though Bret was a smaller guy, I was rooting for him all the way. He was too slow and couldn't keep Anthony off him. I sure hope when Anthony loses, he loses bad.

that whole rap about being a dad made me laugh. Looks like he's a single dad, and I wonder why? Being a dad, I would not subject myself to boxing when I have a job that can put food on the table. Him boxing and concentrating on that only takes away from what he says he wants to do, spend time and put food on the table, in my opinion.

did he lose to manfredo jr's father? says in his bio he lost to manfredo in 2004.

Quite frankly, with a backstab like that, next challenge, if Jimmy or someone from the team really wanted to fight him, I'd make a fool of Anthony in the challenge and walk out while anthony does the whole challenge all by himself and lose, letting the other team have their way.

Leno is cool, and all, but going to his show and taking a picture was the prize for the East side (Manfredo) winning? I hope that at least they were taken to dinner.

Alfonso is such a charismatic guy. Did I say that he's still one of my favorites? I loved how he was dancing while the others were bored and just whining that there wasn't anything to do.

Now to Anthony. I do applaud Anthony's decision to make his own destiny. Why should he have a contender chosen for him while the others before him got to choose for themselves? The problem that I have with Anthony is the way he chose to handle that situation. Why didn't he make his case instead of stringing Jimmy along, and misleading his teammates. He should've just been a man about it, and say he was going to make his own decisions. Like corprip said, he is just trying to pad his record and taking the easy way to the next level. That's cool, but his deception isn't.

I wanted Brent to win, but after a few minutes in the ring, I knew he wasn't a match for Anthony. Poor Brent. He was a punching bag for Anthony. I'm probably a softie, but I cried when Brent was getting pummelled and when he was in the shower afterwards. That was just sad.

As far as Ishe, he cheered for the East when his own team called him on his deception, and he had the balls to throw stones at Anthony?! :rolleyes He needs to just zip it.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Ishe is not quite the same ... Ishe was backing out, not lying. It's not the same.

"I'm going to fight Ahmed," then doesn't, and "I'm going to fight Jimmy," then doesn't. They sound the same to me. I could argue that by promising to fight Ahmed, then backing down, Ishe's a liar.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    It was a matter of timing, as opposed to "stealing" someone else's opponent. There was never any question who Ishe would fight. Similar, but different.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    It was a matter of timing, as opposed to "stealing" someone else's opponent. There was never any question who Ishe would fight. Similar, but different.
    Yea, Ishe didn't get his team to let him choose his fighter only to get to the line and choose someone else. He didn't fight the week he was supposed to, but he did fight the person he led everyone to believe he was going to fight. Anthony mislead everyone.

I don't have a problem with Anthony deciding who to fight for himself, it's just the way he did it. I also didn't like how he took glee in the beating that he gave that poor guy. How in the world did Brent get a spot on this show? He doesn't seem like a very good fighter, IMO.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

+ Reply to Thread