+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3/27 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Okay, back to the fight talk: I hope the east wins SOMETHING. Geez. We suck on this show!
    Oh, you'll probably get your wish tonight. Gut feeling is that The Contender will present "Five rounds of Miguel Espino...getting his ass kicked." Could be a surprise, though. Alfonso surprised us all, after all.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Why is there a Pantene commercial during a boxing show? What's next, Tampex? (No offense ladies, it just doesn't seem like this is the ideal target audience for that type of commercial.)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Why is there a Pantene commercial during a boxing show?
    Let's just say the NBC ad guy who sold Pantene air time on The Contender could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    On a side note: karen14, I've always been meaning to ask you: how in the heck to you watch these shows when they air live if you're in Texas, on Central Standard Time???!
    The East starts everything at 8pm and we start everything at 7pm. I lived in Florida a few years back and FINALLY got the phrase 'news at 11' It's those poor saps to my west who have to really wait on the shows.

Big, blue all the way!! Go Manfredo.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    What is this?! Why does Tommy sit in East's corner? How can you trust a trainer in the gym that sits in your opponent's corner come fight night?! That bugs me to no end.
    haha, yeah. I remember him taping up Ahmed's wrists, wishing Ahmed luck and cheering on Ahmed during his fight. I'm starting to think he's like the East's "guy". I don't know what I mean when I say "guy" in quotes.

I think I'm slowly falling in love with the West's trainer. Yeah, that big bald guy. Who the hell is he?

They don't need the dramatic slow-motion. These two really are that slow.

Miguel/Michael is kicking Manfredo's butt.

FORT Fogey
    Geez, the east coast guy is getting the crap kicked right out of him.

No wonder he and his family got all that air time tonight, eh???

Yeah, we suck.

Looks to me like Manfredo is getting a butt whuppin'.

If that freak Jimmy Lange were in my corner slapping my face between rounds, I'd kick his ass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast