+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 3/20 Sunday Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

I too was bawling like a baby during last night's show. I figured Najai would lose, considering it was the week they were going to make a tribute to him. Watching him interact with his precious daughter had me in tears. I think contributing towards a fund for her is a good thing - just because Najai committed suicide, doesn't mean his daughter is not deserving of a good future. I'm particularly sensitive to this topic because my uncle took his life a couple of years ago, and it's a very painful thing. But, like Phat said, the family should not be at fault for it because they're hurting too.

I feel bad for Jeff. What a bad break - to get chicken pox at a time like that. I hope he's doing well, even without this show.

The thing with this show is that they make these guys so dang likeable (with the exception of Ahmed, who thank God is not back). So this makes it hard to root for one guy when they're fighting. I like Sergio a lot too - he was the one who was sooo thankful for the suit, wasn't he? He really takes this to heart. So far, I'm REALLY liking the contenders who are in the final eight, and it's going to be hard to pick a favorite.

FORT Newbie
    I do disagree with some of the other sentiments regarding this fight.

Najai was more solidly built than Sergio. His arms were definately larger - unfortunately it takes a lot of endurance to move that mass around. Sergio is very lean.

My son and I predicted a Sergio win, that Najai came out strong, but by round 5 he was just a punching bag for Sergio. It's funny in the middle, like round 2 or 3 Sly said how Sergio was too tired - but I didn't see it. He was just biding his time. Give up a round to tire someone out and take the next 2-3 rounds.

I would have liked to see the locker room and how this matchup came about. It's not what I'd have done if I was East. Sergio just had the reach - he was in close and throwing so many hooks I'm surprised Najai didn't take a couple elbows by mistake too.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I too, like most of the contenders, except for Jesse Brinkley, I cannot tolerate his attitude and I'm so happy not a single person voted to get Ahmed back. Other than those two, it's very hard to root for one person in these fights.

I thought that Najai's punches were much more forceful than Sergio's and Najai definitely won 2 rounds, but I guess that it wasn't enough when it came down to scoring.

They're not using Jackie Kallen at all! Her decision or the producer's I wonder??

Very sad episode. That little girl breaks my heart she's so adorable.
    Could does not mean should

I'm just now coming out of the happy fog, that The Contender is a eality show all three of us in my family can actually enjoy watching together. Charlie, I'm with you, I was , as Najai's despair seemed to overtake him, then watching him run around with his adorable daughter. I'm sorry about your uncle, and hope that you and your family have learned to somehow cope with this tragedy. Najai's family should not be scorned because of a single act he did in a moment of desperation.

I also wonder about the minor role Jackie seems to have, Veronica. I'm assuming she's a pretty dynamic person, to have a movie made about her, and yet she is very much underused on this show.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Just sad, I don't know what else to say. The father and daughter seemed so in love. I hope she has the life that Najai so desperately wanted to give her. But she'd probably trade it all to have him back.

About the fight, I wish we could see the whole thing. The way it is edited it seems like one fighter just loses his ability to fight in an instant. I know better but it can be disorienting sometimes. Najai had a nasty habit of dropping his left and trying to slip the punches. That might work with me but not with someone as quick as the Latin Snake (great boxing name).

although many of you may cringe at this suggestion, this was a show that could have easily filled 1 1/2 hours. Because of all the air time about Jeff and the chicken pox, we didn't get to see any of the dynamics of the East team decision of Najai being the one to box this week. Why? We also aren't seeing enough of the fights.

Also, was that beautiful young woman Sergio's girlfriend or sister? I must have missed it.

I'm a little surprised at the lack of interest on the FORT in this show, I'm a female (ok, my name should read 'perennialprincess') and enjoy boxing on occasion - when I was younger I really enjoyed watching Sugar Ray Leonard box (ok, that dates me, doesn't it?!)

I think this is a pretty darn good reality show

perennialprincess
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I'm with you, perennialprince! The show doesn't appear to have huge ratings as it should. It's a high quality show and very well made. I don't know why there is a lack of interest here on the fort. Maybe there is a higher ratio of women to men? Or maybe there isn't the usual reality tv "drama" to speculate about. I really don't know. I think people need to just give it a chance and they'll be hooked. It's so much more than a boxing show. The only negative thing I would comment on is a need for better challenges. But I agree, it's a great show.

By the way, I also want to know how the East came up with their decision of Najai representing.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by perennialprince
    although many of you may cringe at this suggestion, this was a show that could have easily filled 1 1/2 hours. Because of all the air time about Jeff and the chicken pox, we didn't get to see any of the dynamics of the East team decision of Najai being the one to box this week.
    Yeah, they definitely crammed a lot into this show. I, too would have loved to have seen how they decided on Najai to fight. And I would have liked to see the fighters interacting with their families the night before the fight as we have in the past.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567