+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3/20 Sunday Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

FORT Newbie
    To each his own I guess, I donated. I wont blame his daughter for the decision her father made. People with depression do horrible things sometimes, and more often than not....it's to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Maybe I'm mean, but I can't see giving to the NajaiTurpin memorial fund. I won't because of the manner of death.
    ...and maybe I'm soft, but what he did doesn't change the fact that his family are hurting and could use help. It's not their fault.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Well that episode was sad. I just thought it was freaky when Najai was talking about the future and things ahead of him. The producers should have edited that out. Well I guess in a sad way Najai got his wish. His daughter may have a chance at a brighter future, but how much brighter can it be when your daddy is not there for you? My thoughts are with that precious little girl and his family.

RIP Najai Turpin

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl
    Well that episode was sad. I just thought it was freaky when Najai was talking about the future and things ahead of him. The producers should have edited that out. Well I guess in a sad way Najai got his wish. His daughter may have a chance at a brighter future, but how much brighter can it be when your daddy is not there for you? My thoughts are with that precious little girl and his family.

RIP Najai Turpin
    Yes, I agree with you JunkieGirl. I also fear that her dad killing himself in front of her will be a traumatic memory she will have to carry with her for the rest of her life.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I was so rooting for Najai... he was so tough and that fight was the best one so far. I was so sad when he became a standing punching bag. But he really did get in there and fight - Sergio was much taller, had a longer reach, and used it.

It's so sad that his life turned out this way... I wish he could have seen past whatever it was to really think about his daughter.

As much as I felt bad for Najai and his situation, especially knowing what happened to him after the show, I still couldn't root for him just because I felt bad for him. Sergio was a better prepared fighter, so I was rooting for him. The trainer (is it George?) seems to have formed a fatherly-type relationship with Sergio, which I think is very cool.

I do have to say that the scenes in the end with Najai and his little girl playing peek-a-boo were very endearing. What a sad outcome, though.

FORT Newbie
    I admit it - I was a blubbering mess watching this episode!! Too much stuff hit too close to home and just...

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I was so rooting for Najai... he was so tough and that fight was the best one so far. I was so sad when he became a standing punching bag. But he really did get in there and fight - Sergio was much taller, had a longer reach, and used it.
    In the beginning of the show they were talking about how Najai threw so many punches (when he was sparring) -- and in the end, it seemed THAT is what won Sergio the fight. Sergio came out swinging and just didn't seem to stop - especially in that last round!

FORT Newbie
    Najai has more punchin stamina, they all new that. Thats why noone wanted to pick him at first.

However, Sergio is a boxer, and Najai is not. He's a brawler through and through. You can tell by his stance in the ring, hes can dish out some punishment....but his defensive skills are horrible.

If the fight would have went 10 -12 rounds, I think Najai would have an advantage because of his punching stamina. The only way he could win though is by knockout...as he takes way to many hits to win on the point system.

I will say this, Najai has a chin made out of brick.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    Poor Jeff. CHICKENPOX! What a way to leave the show. That's gotta tear him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Mispronouncing "admirable"? Hurts his point a bit.
    LOL. Yeah, when I heard him say "admire-able", I was like 'uhhh'. But it's cool the guy is trying to better himself. Nice book of quotes.

I loved Sergio last night. Kinda emotional that he'd never told his momma he loves her, but she does seem to be his whole world.

It was WAY sad when Najai cried after his loss saying it hurt him that he couldn't keep his word. I guess an emotional show overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    i thought sergio won round 2

round 3 was a draw and then he won 4 and 5
    I think Round 2 was the one where Sergio was getting knocked around cuz he was against the ropes.

Did the show seem 'faster' to anyone else? It seemed like they went to the match sooner than usual, but I dunno.

The West has the best corner guy. "You da man, baby!" "You ain't goin' home tonight!" I notice the East guy rarely says anything.
    Last edited by Mis; 03-21-2005 at 11:09 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Here is a new Contender game we can play. Spot the celebrities in the crowd:

I spy Burt Reynolds!
    I thought I saw him too - missing Captain Kirk (aka Bill Shatner) this week

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast