+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/13 Sunday Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

FORT Newbie
    I think it is great they took the winners out for new suits. It was telling to hear how for so many, this is their first suit.

I like all the cameos in the audience - especially Shatner

I'm especially glad Ishe beat Ahmed. Ahmed was quick, and could hit hard, but he had no strategy. Ishe was a better thinker.

I also think Ahmed could have had a couple fewer massages and done a little more road work - as I think he was spent and tired early on. Having and flexing big muscles doesn't mean you can go 5 rounds -it' the roadwork baby.

I am sooo happy that this show isn't as predictable as I originally thought it was going to be. Throughout the whole episode last night, I was slightly bored until the fight - and then Ishe came through! I was scared he was going to be the one to go home due to more "family air time". Thank goodness we don't have to put up with Babyface Ahmed anymore - he's such a jerk.

Okay, previews for next week show they're bringing someone back. I really hate it when they do that. It better not be Ahmed.

I've found that it's hard to know who to root for. It's difficult to pick a "favorite" until it gets down to the final six, I would think. Because by then, you would "know" them more. As of right now, we only get to see background stories on two per week, and one of the two goes home. So most of these guys are strangers until the final six, and then we'll know about their personalities and their fighting technique. It's strange to watch this show, and "know" only three of the contenders at this point. Everyone else all looks the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk
    I think it is great they took the winners out for new suits. It was telling to hear how for so many, this is their first suit.

I like all the cameos in the audience - especially Shatner
    The scene with the suits almost had me in tears. It was very sweet.

Did anyone else catch Mr. T looking all crusty, or was I hallucinating?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Yeah, Mr. T was looking pretty rough. You weren't halluncinating, corprip!

And I agree - the suit reward was actually an emotional moment. (I usually hate rewards). One of the guys was especially appreciative - Sergio, was it? And I liked how the guys thanked not only Tommy but Jesse for the suit - after all, if it wasn't for Jesse winning, they wouldn't be there.

Mr. Rose, Lil Rose and I love this show. It's the only show on tv that we all enjoy together...there is definitely something for everyone. I realize it's got the pretty standard Burnett forumla, but even knowing that, it is presented in a way, that gets you emotionally invested in it.

When they showed Ahmed's girlfriend toward the end of the fight, we were taking bets on how long it would take care her to leave him. She sure didn't hide her feelings well at all. Her body may have still been in the arena, but internally, she was already out of the building.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    When they showed Ahmed's girlfriend toward the end of the fight, we were taking bets on how long it would take care her to leave him. She sure didn't hide her feelings well at all. Her body may have still been in the arena, but internally, she was already out of the building.
    I agree, she totally didn't look like she was having it, not to mention Ahmed left alone...I thought that was strange, if she loved him.

I did kind of like Ahmed although, sure he was obnoxious but that makes good tv and I wouldn't be surprised if they bought him back for drama-effects. He needed to get knocked on his butt although.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Ishe quit your whining. If you don't want to be singled out, then you shut up.
    Nobody was pressuring him into fighting next. He was the one that put all eyes on him when he started back-talking to Ahmed and the rest of the West team.
    Thank goodness he finally stepped up. I was beginning to think he was a wuss.

Ahmed came out like a raging bull. Bad move. He used up all his energy in the first round. His got some power to his punches, but no strategy whatsoever. I think he's got potential but he has a lot of growing up to do first. The girlfriend wasn't very supportive, and like the rest of you, I'm wondering if she's already left him.

It was a good fight. Ishe went to town on Ahmed, and taught him a lesson. Too bad Ahemd didn't learn anything.

The guys buying suits was very cute. Tommy acted like a father-figure to some of them, especially, Sergio who looked like a fish out of water in that store. That was a nice segment.

FORT Newbie
    Im not a boxing fan but I LOVE THE CONTENDER. Go Ishe!

Quote Originally Posted by gazelem67
    My girlfriend and I agreed. We looked at her after the fight and said, "oh yeah, she's gone."

You don't insult your fiance on national tv like she did. Notice that none of the others have done that to their husbands.
    Yeah, all she looked like she liked was pretty guys, money and some tv time. now that he lost, she's out of there.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

Y'know I feel like a dolt, but I totally missed what you guys are talking about. What did Ahmed's girlfriend say about him exactly? He's a loser?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast