+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Sunday's show??? Please don't tell me this is going to have a whacky schedule too.
    I think it's supposed to go Sunday and then stay at Sunday from now on.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mis
    The preview for Sunday shows Ishe coming out in a robe. I'd think he's fighting Sunday, but it might just be a tease.
    I'm not reading too much into the fact that they show him in a robe next Sunday.

Heck, Michael Jackson spent today wearing pajamas in the courhouse, and who knows what the heck that means!

So nah, I'm not taking the robe to mean anything at all.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I'm not reading too much into the fact that they show him in a robe next Sunday.

Heck, Michael Jackson spent today wearing pajamas in the courhouse, and who knows what the heck that means!

Sunday's show??? Please don't tell me this is going to have a whacky schedule too.
    lol, no worries. phat is right - Sunday is going to be it's original night. It bombed in the ratings on Monday (Fear Factor ran over, that may be why), so they tried to get more people to watch by coming on after The Apprentice. If they did get more people to watch, those people may follow the show to it's final timeslot. I think Sundays at 8 is a pretty good slot?

I guess it's good for us - we get three shows in less than a week.
    Last edited by Mis; 03-10-2005 at 11:36 PM.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Sunday is risky - it is up against Extreme Makeover: Home Edition which is a bona fide great show.

Hell, any night is risky. I hope that it hung on to some of the Apprentice audience, and that they are hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mis
    If they did get more people to watch, those people may follow the show to it's final timeslot. I think Sundays at 8 is a pretty good slot?

I guess it's good for us - we get three shows in less than a week.
    I would love to see this show find its niche by getting into the right time slot, but I think it could be detrimental to its health to be moved around so much its first week. By its second or third week, any new viewers who wander along may be turned off to the fact that they've already missed three episodes.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Thanks for " straightening" me out. And while using quotes, I'm at a loss as to what Jesse was trying to express with the quotes. I don't think he's the sharpest light bulb in sea, if you know what I mean. His trash talking about my boy Ishe has got to stop. It's obvious Ishe has a strategy. He's the master of his own destiny.

Corprip will be back soon after watching some more. Corprip has got to do what he's got to do.

ETA: I want to see the Queer Eye guys at one of the fights. THAT would be fabulous!
    Last edited by corprip; 03-10-2005 at 11:46 PM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    And while using quotes, I'm at a loss as to what Jesse was trying to express with the quotes. I don't think he's the sharpest light bulb in sea, if you know what I mean.
    lol, misuse of quotes? Reminds me of Joey from Friends when he didn't know how to use them properly. What did Jesse say? I don't remember that, which is sad because the episode was not even two hours ago. Maybe I missed that part.

Mis, I've forgotten too. Short-term memory loss...

Again, bravo to these men for their sportsmanship. They do alot of trash-talking heading up to the fight, and Ishe is really finding himself at the center of a sh*tstorm if you ask me, but they handle their wins and losses with remarkable dignity.

Sidenote to Jonathan.. sweety don't be hard on yourself. I know you're getting a little old to be taking all those hits in the head, but it wasn't that bad.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Agreed. The fights are, by far, the best parts of this show. Hell, more reality shows ought to end with two people beating the hell out of each other--Amazing Race and Big Brother would end differently.

The ratings would up the roof. Survivor is good, but a fight or two would be nice, too.

What is up with having all the kids at ringside? I don't like that one bit. They are too young to be subjected to such a brutal sport.

Having said that, I thought tonight's show was just as good as the first one. We had another underdog challenge a much more experienced fighter. I had my doubts about Jesse because he kept saying he was going to win, but his body language said otherwise. I'm glad that he stepped it up, after Ishe backed down. I would've respected Ishe a little bit more if he had explained why he decided not to go next, instead of getting all defensive. He was the one that was doing all the trash-talking that he was ready for Ahmed any time. Also, it was not cool at all that he went to show support for the opponent's team, and dis his own team. Bad team player. :nono

Jonathan came out strong, so I thought Jesse was going down, but he had some fight in him. I know this sounds silly, but I was rooting for both fighters. It was sad watching Jonathan lose in front of all his kids and his pregnant wife, but I suspect it's going to be sad anytime one of this fighters loses and hangs up their gloves on their way out.

Oh, and it was funny when one of the guys asked Sly if he needed some gatorade because he sounded long-winded after his workout in the ring.

+ Reply to Thread