+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Contender Takes A Beating

Well, admittedly, I don't watch the show during it's Sunday night timeslot because it's on at the same time as Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I catch the Contender on Monday nights on CNBC.

I like the show alot, but EMHE isn't replayed.

You're okay, Georgie. Tanyabean's Avatar
    That sucks because I really love this show.
    I've grown attached to the contestants and it's so sad to see people with broken dreams leave the show. I love it.

Welcome, Tanyabean. I'm glad to see that this show has a small but loyal following.

I had to chuckle when I discovered last night's presentation was two episodes, back to back. It's almost like the NBC people in charge of getting this on the air thought, "Quick! Let's get the rest of the episodes on the air before our higher-ups pull the plug on this thing!"
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Welcome, Tanyabean. I'm glad to see that this show has a small but loyal following.

I had to chuckle when I discovered last night's presentation was two episodes, back to back. It's almost like the NBC people in charge of getting this on the air thought, "Quick! Let's get the rest of the episodes on the air before our higher-ups pull the plug on this thing!"
    I hope it sticks around. I like the show format and the challenge winner getting to choose who he wants to fight or as in the last 8, who will fight who.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35
    I hope it sticks around. I like the show format and the challenge winner getting to choose who he wants to fight or as in the last 8, who will fight who.
    I like the new format, too. I wish it had been this way from the beginning.

And welcome to fansofrealitytv.com! If you've signed on with us for The Contender, I hope you'll discover other shows you enjoy and participate in the other forums, as well.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I'm a huge fan of this show - and have gotten quite a few folks into watching it. I'm curious how the ratings have done since this thread was started (when the show was new). It seems like everywhere I go folks are saying that they started watching and really got into the show.

Anyone know what the ratings are doing?

Also - any word on a second season. I know that NBC spent a lot of money on this show - but if they consider it a failure - it's their fault for putting it in a crappy timeslot.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_chris
    Also - any word on a second season. I know that NBC spent a lot of money on this show - but if they consider it a failure - it's their fault for putting it in a crappy timeslot.
    I don't know about the ratings, but I believe all the networks announce next week what their fall lineups will be.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte
    Well, admittedly, I don't watch the show during it's Sunday night timeslot because it's on at the same time as Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I catch the Contender on Monday nights on CNBC.

I like the show alot, but EMHE isn't replayed.
    As much as I am an EMHE fan, the Contender is what I watch instead. The show is just the best. I like the 'human drama' (as opposed to the inhumane drama) and this is somewhat of a change for a girl who watches no sports at all, and never has. And of course my ALFONSO is on this show!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234