+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***Major Spoilers***

***Major Spoilers***

There's some possible spoiler info lurking around somewhere saying that Peter will go against Segio in a future fight. It's on some UK online boxing magazine.

Found it:
    PETER MANFREDO junior middleweight, Providence, Rhode Island, 21-0 (10 KOs) The fighters and their respective camps are sworn to secrecy, but it’s common knowledge on Bash Boulevard that Manfredo has made the finals of the prime-time NBC series The Contender, which premieres early in the new year. In the spring, he’ll meet Sergio Mora, 12-0 (3 KOs), in the championship match, to be broadcast live. Should Manfredo win, the career-boost will be both huge and unique. Manfredo, who is trained and managed by his father, Peter Manfredo Sr, is a well-schooled boxer with a commendable work ethic. He’s been criticised for featuring featherfists, but his punching power has improved.
    http://www.boxing-monthly.co.uk/content/0501/one.htm
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Don't tell me that they are going to bring people back.
    I don't like it when the do that.
    But I will watch and see what happens.

JR.
    That will ruin the show if they bring him, or anyone else, back. He is a good fighter, but he lost. That should be the end of it.

FORT Newbie
    if Manfredo comes back it definitely wont ruin the show. If he does come back I'm sure it would be for a good reason. Maybe a fighter gets injured and can't compete..

FORT Newbie
    Im interested in seeing the story behind why they are going to bring him back, if that's the case.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    It's probably just to spar and train.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    I dunno about this. I don't think it would totally ruin the show if Manfredo returned, but he lost fair to Alfonso, so bringing him back means he got two chances to win this thing where as everyone else got one. If they get beat, they go home, not go home and possibly get to come back.

Also, it says Manfredo is 21-0, but he just lost to Alfonso. I thought these matches counted on their record? Wouldn't he be 21-1? If it's common knowledge that he's gonna be in the finals, I'd think they'd know that he already lost once.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mis
    I dunno about this. I don't think it would totally ruin the show if Manfredo returned, but he lost fair to Alfonso, so bringing him back means he got two chances to win this thing where as everyone else got one. If they get beat, they go home, not go home and possibly get to come back.

Also, it says Manfredo is 21-0, but he just lost to Alfonso. I thought these matches counted on their record? Wouldn't he be 21-1? If it's common knowledge that he's gonna be in the finals, I'd think they'd know that he already lost once.

Also Sergios stats say 12-0 in the article, not updating his from beginning of Season.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

The records might be "official", and probably won't be updated until the episodes air. There is probably a gag order on releasing the results early.

NEWS FLASH
    Manfredo defeated on Contender!
    By Karl Freitag
    NBC's Sylvester Stallone/Sugar Ray Leonard boxing reality show, "The Contender," debuted Monday night and opened with a big upset. Alphonso Gomez won a five-round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten Peter Manfredo Jr., and yes, these bouts count in the official records. Manfredo falls to 21-1 with 10 KOs. Gomez moves to 11-2-1 with 4 KOs.
    http://www.fightnews.com/
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    Well, the preview for next week says the guys get to vote someone back in. I didn't catch why though.

I guess Manfredo IS coming back then. I still think it's a tad unfair, but *shrugs*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast