+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I missed it and I'm sorry that I did. I couldn't tape it, either, because my television was destroyed by one Miss Jennifer Schefft when her Bachelorette finale aired last week.

Does anyone know if the premiere of The Contender will be rebroadcast over the upcoming weekend??

It'll be on CNBC a few times.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65
    Fortunately for the producers I think this show will appeal much more to non-boxing fans.

Considering there are a lot more of them than there are actual boxing fans, the sho might get a nice audience.

My wife was exhausted last night and she turned this on while in bed thinking it would put her to sleep quickly. She ended up awake until the very end, and even suckered me in for the last 45 minutes or so.

I doubt it will get a huge audience, but it might draw some new fans to boxing.
    I'm not a huge boxing fan, but I'll watch it ocassionally; no way would I pay for a pay-per-view. I'm not sure I want to watch a 12-15 round fight either. This show is really good for people like me who are interested, but not totally into this sport.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkur
    This show was awesome........up until the fight.

The fight was complete and utter horsecrap. We saw absolutely NOTHING that amounted to any boxing at all. Too much editing, too many disjointed camera angles, too much crap from the crowd (I DO NOT CARE ABOUT MANFREDO'S WIFE AND DAUGHTER CHEERING HIM ON. WE NEED TO SEE THAT ONCE....PREFERABLY NONE).....too much swelling orchestral strings.....rubbish. Total rubbish.
    I don't think that they are going for the true boxing fans, but more for the fans that like stories about boxers. Look at the Rockie movies, and now Million Dollar Baby. I would never go to a fight, have no interest but I am interested in the boxers and there stories. I really liked the show. I really know nothing about boxing. For me the reality show is all about the characters (people), the social interactions, and what they do to win. The only thing I didn't like is that they really played up how the daugter had never seen her dad fight and then when he was apparently getting the crap beat out of him and his 3 or 4 year old daughter was there watching it, I felt that was not called for. It really disgusted me that they would use a small child to get a reaction out of the audience. I don't know if we were suppose to root for him because his daughter was watching or what but it was a bad manipulation of our emotions and I have a feeling the families were brought on for just that reason.

I'm a fan of boxing, but I'm also a fan of reality tv. This show has been promoted as the next human drama. So if you're a hard core boxing fan, don't count on being shown only unedited fights. This show is about the lives of these contenders. If you want to see a just fighting, go to HBO or pay-for-view. If you want to learn about the boxers and their families, then watch this show.

So far, this show has been awesome (with the exception of the little girl being there). I'm totally hooked, and I even like the dramatic music that we hear during the beginning, and when the boxers are coming out of their lockers. It gives me goosebumps.

I love boxing, but had no interest in this show initially. I caught a rerun of the show tonight and really enjoyed it. Now plan on catching it at its regular time from now on.

Hello

Hi everybody....... just like everything in life there is likes and dislikes....for the people who watched the show and liked it..thank you and I hope you keep watching. Its because of people like you, THE FANS, that boxers like me are able to accomplish our dreams. Spread the word about the show and keep supporting us.....

for the people who didn't like it, well....we can't please everybody....but give the show a try....I'm sure you will fall in love with certain boxers and hate other boxers...or maybe like all of them......i'm sure that when the CD collection of the contender comes out (if it comes out)..they'll have the fights without any editing.... that way you can enjoy it more. you can also go to the official Contender website on yahoo and check out more footage of the fight and behind the scenes stuff...... i hope you give The Contender a shot, i can almost asure you, that you will end up loving it......again...thanx for watching it
    Alfonso S Gomez
    http://www.alfonsosgomez.com

My online store is up and running...=) I'm tryin to help my bros with their music career so if you only have a few bucks to spend, it be nice if you purchase their Album...they are the best..u will not regret it..thank you..
    Alfonso S Gomez Online Store

Oh, Alfonso! You rocked it.

I admired the respect these two fighters showed each other. No trash-talking, no temper tantrums. Just two good fighters bringing it on. Props to both of you.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    bloody, bloody, bloody, bloody....BLOODY! Some people gotta.... sorry, wrong show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456