+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ishe

Ishe

Las Vegas, NV
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 154lbs
    Professional Record: W 14, L 0, Draw 0, KO 7

Ishe loves God, his family, and boxing... in that order. He was born and raised in North Las Vegas by a single mom and lives his life with integrity. He has had great success in his undefeated boxing career, but has been taken advantage of by promoters and agents along the way and recently had to declare bankruptcy. His strength is his wife, LaToya, his 2 year old son Ishe Jr., and his faith. He is gentle and loving with his family, and respectful and humble with everyone else. He is an usher in his church every Sunday.

LaToya is to Ishe as Adrian is to Rocky. She won't let him give up on his boxing dream, even though they now have to live with her parents. She believes in him, inspires him, and sees his boxing skill as his gift from God.

Ishe's mission on The Contender is to restore the integrity of the sport he loves and to provide for his family. Ishe trains with religious zeal and keeps meticulous journals and logbooks of everything he does during the day. He doesn't drink, smoke, or go to strip clubs. He doesn't respect fighters that don't train hard, and deems them a detriment to the sport. He can talk tough with any one and considers that part of the sport. Ishe will not suffer fools. He has trained with superstar boxers, including Fernando Vargas, and feels he can hold his own against anyone...he just needs an honest chance.

Ishe fought Alfonso Gomez in 2001 and won.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-01-2005 at 07:56 AM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Jimmy is one of ten kids from a very close, loving, catholic, blue collar/working class family. He is married, has twin sons and is expecting a baby girl in a few months.

His dad has been his manager and has advanced Jimmy this far by getting him the best. He trains in Florida under Buddy McGirt and at one time was trained by a former trainer of Ray Leonard. He prays with a priest before every fight and his priest, Father Cilinski, has only missed two fights in Jimmy's entire career.

Jimmy is very articulate and very passionate about "saving boxing" from the deserved bad rap and corruption. He's aware of the fighters coming and knows he can do well but appears anxious. Jimmy has the highest IQ of the group.
    Interesting how the two religous guys are talking about "saving boxing".

I think this guy (Ishe) is going to be prominent in the show. They show him alot in the previews.
    Last edited by corprip; 03-02-2005 at 09:29 AM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    Ishe is such the trash talker, but i like him though. He wants sucess really bad and he definitley got inside of that other guys head. Boxing is for the most part mental and lots of times boxers lose the fight even before they get in the ring because they let some of the trash talking rent space in their head.

He said he had previously fought Alfonso, and I applaud Ishe for showing respect to his previous opponent. I just hope he can back up all the trash-talking that he's been doing, because so far, he's been the most entertaining one outside of the ring.

I'm totally digging Ishe. Like Wolf said, he is certainly the most entertaining. He's got that gravitas which separates stars from inert rock.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I wasn't impressed with him last night.
    Sure, he talks a good fight, but when he had the chance to challenge Ahmed he didn't want to know.
    I know he said he had a new spin on the whole thing after hearing George Foreman speak about having a plan, buit he came off looking like a bit of a punk to me for being so quick with the verbals but not being willing to back it up.

he is in it to win a contest not bragging rights.. timing is everything.. you dont want to fight a guy you just woke up and excited.. let him stew a little and then take him out.. it isnt a bar room brawl for a hot chick's attention.. its a fight for the shot at 1million dollars.. the other guys just pushed him so hard so they could sandbag their way into their own perfectly planned fight against an opponent they have watched train and feel they can beat.. nobody cares about the little feud.. i dont think Ishe was scared.. he just didnt feel it.

pretty sure they fight next week from watching the previews.. i suppose that means the east finally wins a challenge.

I think the only reason they pushed him is because he kept saying he was up for the fight.
    If he hadn't been talking smack for the first two episodes to Ahmed then I'd completely agree with you. Why not lie somewhat low and pick your moment?
    The other guys weren't trying to push him into doing anything he hadn't said he was willing and able to do, they weren't trying to railroad him into a challenge that he hadn't said he was up for.
    To me, he just looked like a punk for not taking on the fight.
    I'm not saying it wasn't a good move within the context of the entire competition for Ishe, but I do hope he'll at least dial down the smack talk now that he passed up the opportunity to back it up.

i'm with ya fluff..

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think the only reason they pushed him is because he kept saying he was up for the fight.
    If he hadn't been talking smack for the first two episodes to Ahmed then I'd completely agree with you. Why not lie somewhat low and pick your moment?
    The other guys weren't trying to push him into doing anything he hadn't said he was willing and able to do, they weren't trying to railroad him into a challenge that he hadn't said he was up for.
    To me, he just looked like a punk for not taking on the fight.
    I'm not saying it wasn't a good move within the context of the entire competition for Ishe, but I do hope he'll at least dial down the smack talk now that he passed up the opportunity to back it up.
    I dont think he really punked out, just waiting for the right time.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast