+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ishe

FORT Newbie
    How did he punk out?

He is his own man, and as a fighter, you fight when "you" want, not when other dictate that you do.

Ishe aside, only 1 person stepped up....so I guess the others punked out just as much. Ishe is outspoken, but as we seen he can back it up.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I think Ishe just needed to come clean to them about what George Foreman said having an effect on him. They could all respect that, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Novalia
    he is in it to win a contest not bragging rights.. timing is everything.. you dont want to fight a guy you just woke up and excited.. let him stew a little and then take him out.. it isnt a bar room brawl for a hot chick's attention.. its a fight for the shot at 1million dollars.. the other guys just pushed him so hard so they could sandbag their way into their own perfectly planned fight against an opponent they have watched train and feel they can beat.. nobody cares about the little feud.. i dont think Ishe was scared.. he just didnt feel it.

pretty sure they fight next week from watching the previews.. i suppose that means the east finally wins a challenge.
    You are so right, this is a competion, but the east does't win. This is sort of reverse the strategy we think of when we think of other reality game shows in that you want to stay in as long as you can. However this is the different in that you are in control of how long you stay as long as you win your match. Think about it, the sooner you fight the more choices of who you fight are there. Think about the guy who doesn't fight until the last match, he only has 1 choice, and logically you would think that the weaker boxers would be chosen first so you may be standing against someone pretty strong. I think Ishe was smart to plant the seed that he was going to fight Ahmed. He waited to get under Ahmeds skin and also if his team didn't win the team challenge Ahmed would want to box him. They have been there for a few days and I think Ishme knew from the first few training sessions that he knew he could beat him, thus his strategy to tease him and do everything he could to make sure he went up against him.
    The longer you wait to fight the smaller choice of openents you have, that puts you in a disadvantage. I think Ishme played his cards perfectly. He fought the guy he wanted and he is now safe till half have been eliminated

Ishe seemed like a completely different person last night. I really didn't have any respect for him before (all talk) but he redeemed himself in this episode. Of course, anyone who can kick off that jerk, Ahmed, should be given props. But anyway, I loved how supportive Ishe's wife was. And I think it was great that Ishe apologized to his team and stepped up this week.

Sure, he redeemed himself last night. He was able to back up his talk, but I still don't have complete respect for him. I don't like the fact that he went to Jonathan Reid and showed support for him and the West team, instead of cheering on Jesse and his team.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Ishe seemed like a completely different person last night. I really didn't have any respect for him before (all talk) but he redeemed himself in this episode. Of course, anyone who can kick off that jerk, Ahmed, should be given props. But anyway, I loved how supportive Ishe's wife was. And I think it was great that Ishe apologized to his team and stepped up this week.
    I was really proud of him last night.
    He seemed to really get his head together.
    He knows that he needed to back up the talk with some action and he delivered.

I'm pleased to see Ahmed gone.

I wonder if Ishe is going to challenge Jesse at some point in the future. If the winners go against each other, that fight would be just as hot as the fight with Ahmed.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    I wonder if Ishe is going to challenge Jesse at some point in the future. If the winners go against each other, that fight would be just as hot as the fight with Ahmed.

I don't know the format the shows going to follow, but I think this will have to happen that eventually the fighters will have to fight teammates. That's why I'm not upset about Ishe supporting Reid. You don't get to pick your teammates, but you do get to pick who you like & respect.

FORT Newbie
    i hate that guy

he is a poser...

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Even though they seem to have put their differences aside (for the moment), and Ishe seems much more subdued than at the beginning, I think Smith vs. Brinkley would still be a barn burner.

I think Smith is better-developed all-around, but Brinkley has a surprising killer instinct in the ring.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12