+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey

Joey

Reno, NV
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 165lbs
    Professional Record: W 8, L 0, Draw 0, KO 7

Born in Chicago, Illinois Joey moved West as a young boy were he had a idyllic childhood...on a family ranch in RENO, NV. His father is a Navy Flight Surgeon, attached to a Marine Reconnaissance unit currently serving in Afghanistan; his mother is a caring Italian-Catholic mother and also a nurse. His sister is his nutritionist, strength coach, endurance trainer and a key asset to his success. The family revolves around the men and Joey and his father are the heroes.

Joey began his boxing training later than most while attending college at University of Nevada - Reno (UNR). He served as the team captain and won four NCAA Regional Championships and three NCAA National Championships. Joey had quite the college career beyond boxing - he earned a BA in English Literature and minors in Political Science and Italian Studies, served in student government and was an active member in his fraternity (Sigma Alpha Epsilon) and the community.

Upon graduating from UNR, Joey enlisted in the Nevada Air National Guard and finished as the Top Academic Graduate. After spending a full year with the Nevada Air National Guard, he was placed on Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) while he earned a degree of higher education at Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego. He is licensed to practice law in Nevada, holds the IRR status until 2007 and is currently applying to serve out the remainder of his term as a Judge Advocate General (JAG) Officer in either Reserve component of the Air Force or Navy.

Joey has a perfect 8-0 Pro record and won't let up until he achieves his goals - to be the Junior Middleweight World Champion and to be a positive example for the sport of boxing.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-01-2005 at 08:59 AM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Sounds as though he's packed a fair bit into his 28 years, smart guy.

Good record, but with only 8 professional fights I imagine the experts would say it's a little too soon to say how good he'll be or whether he can sustain that record.
    Still, nice to have 0 losses.

Wasn't this the guy who was the dodgeball king during last week's challenge? I thought he said he hurt his hamstring during that game. Hopefully he's better by the time his turn comes around. I was thinking he would be the one who had to go home due to this injury, but Jeff got the bad break instead.

FORT Newbie

Final Show

I know a close relative of Joey's and her and his whole family is planning a trip to Vegas on the 21st for the live final show.

Interesting tip?!? Think he's in the last fight?

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    No, it's not a tip - there are a series of undercard matchups, and while he may make F8, it's possible that all of the fighters would be there in undercard matches.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Wasn't this the guy who was the dodgeball king during last week's challenge?
    Yep. I thought being dodgeball king was interesting (if useless after the challenge), but I did find it interesting that someone (Ishe?) from the West thinks of Joey as the best all-around physical specimen.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Yep. I thought being dodgeball king was interesting (if useless after the challenge), but I did find it interesting that someone (Ishe?) from the West thinks of Joey as the best all-around physical specimen.
    Ah, that was Jesse. He called Joey a "Baby Stallone" because he's so well "conditioned".

Cool; Joey has a law career to fall back on, if he needs to.

I was so proud of Joey last week, fighting with that hamstring injury..

Impressive enough that he beat Jimmy, convincingly I thought, but to do so carrying an injury was amazing.

Joey is a stud. I picked him to win based on my love for the genuine underdog, and he did me proud.

The hamstring injury might end up becoming a problem though.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

The others have just started to realize there is a psychological element to this game.
    Joey might have come on a bit too strong last night by allowing Peter to win the challenge.
    I wonder if Joey has put himself in the frame to be asked to toe the line if he doesn't win the next challenge.

I think if I were going to let someone else win that challege last night I'd have let them overtake me well before the line, not stop in the way he did just short of the victory.
    That was bound to raise some suspicion, imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast