+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    The others have just started to realize there is a psychological element to this game.
    Right. The game has completely changed at this point with this "matchmaker" business.

I hope they're smart enough to realize how vital it is at this stage to actually win the challenges. I can't think of another reality show off the top of my head where a contestant in the catbird seat has that much power deciding the fate of a fellow contestant (eg 1-pick the boxer you feel you are most vulnerable to, 2-match him up against the opponent he would most likely have trouble with, 3-sit back and enjoy watching your opponent get pummeled).
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Newbie
    I think he was just trying to be nice when he gave the car to Peter. If he had won the challenge, he could have matched himself against Anthony and gotten a free trip to the final 4.

He might've been trying to be nice to Peter, but he had a double motive. Joey even said to the bald trainer (can't remember his name) that he was deceiving the other fighters. That is part of his game.

When poeple use manipulation, they try to get others to do the dirty work for them. That is why he didn't take an easy fight and go for Anthony. He wanted Peter to either fight himself or have him team up Alfonso against Ahmed. (two of the strongest fighters that Joey could have trouble going against).

Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton
    I think he was just trying to be nice when he gave the car to Peter. If he had won the challenge, he could have matched himself against Anthony and gotten a free trip to the final 4.
    When the challenge was taking place, the severity of Tony's injury was not known to Joey. It could just have been a niggle. Anyway I still feel a half fit Tony is better than a raring to go Joey.
    I'm so acrophobic, I fainted when I first tried on a pair of socks.

FORT Newbie
    No matter which way you look at it Joey was not fooling anyone but himself. He is an idiot. Oh by the way, mark my words someone will get brutally knocked out in one of the next 2 episodes.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    is this guy's last name gilbert? because i found out the other day that the guy who's last name is gilbert, i worked with his mom for 7 years......never knew!

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    is this guy's last name gilbert? because i found out the other day that the guy who's last name is gilbert, i worked with his mom for 7 years......never knew!
    Yes, the fighter in The Contender is Joey Gilbert. Worked with his mother, huh? Nice people?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12