+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Juan

Juan

Harlingen, TX
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 157lbs
    Professional Record: W 12, L 0, Draw 1, KO 11

Juan is the youngest fighter of the group at 18 years old. He is not only articulate for his young age, but he is also extremely sweet natured and really lights up when he smiles. Juan, his father and three siblings live with his grandmother in a tiny two-bedroom house in South Texas near the Mexican border. They are an extremely close-knit, fun-loving family and wrestle and poke fun at each other constantly.

A very influential person in Juan's life who encouraged him to become a boxer died over a year ago - his grandfather. Juan wears a lanyard with his grandfather's picture on it around his neck immediately before and after every fight. He says he feels his grandfather's presence at every fight. With his grandfather at ringside, he won his first outing as a Pro at age 15 (in Mexico) and has since amassed an impressive 12-0-1 record.

Juan is a power puncher and is extremely confident is his abilities. He says his older opponents don't take him seriously - until he knocks them out.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-01-2005 at 09:06 AM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

He says his older opponents don't take him seriously - until he knocks them out.
    I love that

So young, but with a very impressive record.
    Looks like he's shaping up to be very successful.

He sure does have a baby face. I'm hoping he can stand toe to toe, without getting hurt, with the more experienced guys.

My name

I'm kind of rooting fo this guy because he comes from my area, but not only that he has my name!!!!!

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I'd love to pick this kid to take it all. The most under of underdogs, and cute too!

~Sierra~
    I like him. He kind of looks like Pharrell Williams to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I'd love to pick this kid to take it all. The most under of underdogs, and cute too!

Wow! I agree, he's a young phenom with a great career ahead of him. That was an awesome fight. I hope he wins it all.

I was absolutely disappointed when he left.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierramisty
    I like him. He kind of looks like Pharrell Williams to me.
    yea he kinda look like pharrel williams... i thought so too from the beginning.

I wasn't at all impressed with his "boxing" bout with Tarick. I think Juan has a lot of rough edges that need to be smoothed over, and The Contender wasn't the place for him.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread