Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter

Peter

[IMG]images/img/contender_peter.jpg[/IMG]

Providence, RI
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 164lbs
    Professional Record: W 21, L 0, Draw 0, KO 10

Peter is a happy-go-lucky kid who turns into Godzilla in the ring. He has lived his entire life in his father's gym and has more than the average perspective on the business of boxing and the potential to make a great living at it. His father complains that he started boxing too late in his life to have made any real money. However, Peter Jr. seems to be doing just fine. He has an SUV, and bought some land to build a house for his high school sweetheart-turned wife Yamika and their baby daughter.

Peter is affable, likes to laugh and is generally a happy guy but does not take criticism well. He knows the world of boxing, his place in it and is confident in his chances in this competition. Peter Senior is deathly afraid that the shows trainer will screw-up what he took a lifetime to build with his son. He is very confident that Jr. is the Contender.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Peter throws some really hard punches, so I was really surprised that he wasn't able to take down Alfonso. He had during the second round, but he didn't capitalize on it.
    Oh, well. I still liked the guy, and had hoped that had stayed longer.
    I'm sure he will still be a rising star in the boxing world.

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    is any one able to get me the screen cap of peter huggin his daughter with his head down and the arm bands on? thanks guys

Manfredo struck me as having stage fright during that first fight and not doing his best. This doesn't, of course, take away from Alfonso, who took one hell of a beating and never went down. (Was damn impressive.)

I wonder what kind of a fighter he's going to be in his next Contender bout. I think it's hard to say.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Wow. Am I surprised at how quiet these boards are, esp. with how great the show is and how much of a comeback Peter has made.

Being from Boston, PMJr is well known in the area for being not only a great fighter, but a great kid. I'm thinking he's going to take it all the way.....

Best of luck to ya!
    To make a mistake is human, to stumble is commonplace, but to laugh at yourself...that is maturity

I'm not in the habit of saying something is "unfair," as calling something "unfair" is perhaps the most pointless criticism you can make, but if Manfredo takes the whole thing, that would be hugely unfair.

Going into the final fight, he hasn't won as many bouts as either Mora or Brinkley. He may be a great guy, but my problem is how Burnett and Co. have handled the issue of fighters who were disqualified or disqualified themselves.

On this show, Manfredo is a fluke, no matter how many fights he's won or is going to win, I considered him done when he walked out the door after the first episode. (And I found the promo for last week's episode, the "chance to redeem his loss" promo, hugely insulting, not only to Alfonso Gomez, but also to the audience at large.

I like Peter. I honestly do. However, in a way it would seem unfair if a man that was sent home once ended up winning over a man that was never sent home. However, it is not Peter's fault. MB and company made those rules. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz
    I like Peter. I honestly do. However, in a way it would seem unfair if a man that was sent home once ended up winning over a man that was never sent home. However, it is not Peter's fault. MB and company made those rules. Oh well...
    At first I would agree, but he deserves it. He came back, kicked ass, and even beat the guy that first defeat him. He earned his spot and if he wins it will be well earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    At first I would agree, but he deserves it. He came back, kicked ass, and even beat the guy that first defeat him. He earned his spot and if he wins it will be well earned.
    Wow I think that's so true. Everyone is going on about how he shouldn't win becaue he losed before. But I think he proved himself, they bought him back thinking they would be able to take him out as if he was weak. But he came in there and he was thankful and proved he was there to win. I'm rooting for him
    SmiLeyGuRL

FORT Newbie

I hope Peter dominates Sergio

"The Latin Snake" seems like a decent guy but his ring persona is annoying as hell. I was sad to see Brinkley go but now it gives me that villain to root against and I really want to see Manfredo kick Sergio's butt around the ring and humble him in front of his family and friends.

That being said I do think it will be a pretty even fight and very entertaining. I anticipate it going the distance but I'd love to see Peter knock him out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast