+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sergio

Sergio

East Los Angeles, CA
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 160lbs
    Professional Record: W 12, L 0, Draw 0, KO 3

Sergio Mora was born in a tiny apartment in East LA where he lived with his mother and three brothers until just a few weeks ago. At 24, he and his older brother have finally moved out... to the apartment downstairs. He is the first to admit that his family lives in the ghetto but bristles at being lumped into the East LA stereotype. Although he grew up without a father, his respect for his mother and the desire for a better life turned him to sports instead of gangs.

As a teenager, Sergio knocked out many of his friends just "goofing around" in the street. He started boxing at the age of fourteen and is currently undefeated as a Pro. When he isn't training, he works with kids at a neighborhood youth gym built to give boys and girls an alternative to gangs. Sergio trains at the same gym and the signage on the front bears his picture and nickname: "the Latin Snake." Sergio's dream is to make enough money boxing to allow his mother to quit her job working at a warehouse and send her traveling the world ... without his brothers.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-01-2005 at 08:00 AM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Sergio and Najai had a good fight last night. My husband was saying that Sergio would do a good job because he had a longer reach (whatever that means! I know zilch about boxing!)

Sergio appears to be so appreciative of this experience. He cried and thanked Tommy when he got a suit - his first suit. And his love for his family and mother is apparent. Although, one day, he actually needs to TELL her.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Sergio and Najai had a good fight last night. My husband was saying that Sergio would do a good job because he had a longer reach (whatever that means! I know zilch about boxing!)
    Sergio's arms are longer. Najai has to come in closer and risks getting hit first in attacking Sergio - which he did. When Najai was able to duck and get close, he was nasty - but Sergio didn't let that happen for too long.

Can I say that Sergio is absolutely hot? rowr!

Sergio I love you!!!

Where is the love for Sergio? He's the best and I hope he makes it to the end! He worked Ishe something fierce last night!

Quote Originally Posted by macgrl08
    Where is the love for Sergio? He's the best and I hope he makes it to the end! He worked Ishe something fierce last night!
    He was right-on-the-money last night. I thought he fought unbelievably well against Ishe, a tough fighter in his own right. Mora is going to be quite the threat going into the Final Four.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I was a little nervous for Sergio, but he did his thing in the ring. Reading those books really helped him out with the mental part of the fight. The way he threw Ishe off his game was great to see.

Sergio and Alfonso are my two favorites right now. I give the advantage to Alfonso, but Sergio is just a few steps away.
    Last edited by Wolf; 04-26-2005 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling error

FORT Newbie
    Sergio, great fight once again!!! VIVA SERGIO!

It's getting to the point in the show where there isn't anyone left that I don't like.

Sergio had the measure of Ishe and like Wolf says, the books helped him to prepare mentally.

Ishe seems as though he can be volatile and emotional, so if you can beat him mentally you stand a good chance of beating him physically too.
    This show has been great so far, imo, but it's now starting to get even better with psychological and strategic gameplay becoming ever more important.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Ishe seems as though he can be volatile and emotional, so if you can beat him mentally you stand a good chance of beating him physically too.
    Absolutely. If he's employing that as part of his bag o'tricks, chances are, he's vulnerable to it, himself.

This show has been great so far, imo, but it's now starting to get even better with psychological and strategic gameplay becoming ever more important.
    I couldn't agree more. If the format of the show had been established this way from Day One, it would have been a tremendously better show from the start, and it would have twice the viewers it has today.

FORT Newbie
    i dont think sergio won that fight, not by how everyone and the show played it out to be ...

watching the extended fight scenes, it looks like a MUCH closer fight than the show played it out .....

i think ishe could have won that fight .....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast