+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tarick

Tarick

Detroit, MI
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 160lbs
    Professional Record: W 20, L 1, Draw 0, KO 5

Tarick is of Lebanese descent, and his father and grandfather were boxers. He began boxing at the age of 8 at the Joe Hamood Center in Dearborn, Michigan. Tarick met Muhammed Ali when he was a young and aspiring boxer. Ali told him, "If you want to make it in boxing you have to stay away from drugs, stay in school, and listen to your parents." Those words stuck with Tarick throughout his childhood.

Before going Pro, Tarick was an Olympic Trials finalist. As a Pro, he won the NABO (North American Boxing Organization) Middleweight Championship, was rated #4 in the world by the WBO and #6 in the world by the WBC. It was after being rated that his career went downhill because his management and promoter promised him a shot at the world championship, but they never delivered on the promise. He became very disillusioned with boxing and gave it up entirely three years ago. With a baby on the way, he had to find a way to support his family. After earning a B.A. from the University of Michigan, Tarick got his real estate license and became a broker with RE/MAX Team 2000 in Dearborn, Mi. He sells homes there and also fixes up old houses and flips them.

Despite financial success and a six-figure income, Tarick felt like something was still missing and he wanted another shot. When he learned he was a finalist on The Contender he came close to tears. He knows this is his last chance at becoming what he's wanted to be all his life: a champion.

Tarick is married to his high school sweetheart, Dena, who is Italian and a freelance make-up artist and model. Dena's unconditional love and support has given him the strength to get through the ups and downs in his boxing career. Together they have a lovely 2.5 year old daughter, Ava, for whom Tarick is working hard to win this competition.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-01-2005 at 08:01 AM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Tarick met Muhammed Ali when he was a young and aspiring boxer. Ali told him, "If you want to make it in boxing you have to stay away from drugs, stay in school, and listen to your parents." Those words stuck with Tarick throughout his childhood.
    Wise words indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Tarick is married to his high school sweetheart, Dena, who is Italian and a freelance make-up artist and model.
    Does this mean she can cover up his scars, bruises, etc. with proficiency? Or do boxers like showing off their war wounds?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

this is the second Tarick on reality tv after Tareq from Average Joe

random but i thought it was interesting

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elainica

random but i thought it was interesting
    But this Tarick is much cuter and sexier.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainica
    That bring up the most important question, "does he like broccoli?"

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGG

I thought I had heard the last of the brocolli comment....this guy is clearly so much better than that Tareq moron.......

Last year, i was at the 'reality cares' event in new york that paid tribute to mark burnett and i saw the 'broccoli boy'. sorry to disappoint anyone but he was actually a nice all around guy - quite charming and almost nothing like the show except that he did use some words that i didn't understand.

i've mentioned this in another post regarding rob&amber (who i met at the same event) but some of these people from the shows are actually super and so i guess i'm invested in doing my bit to 'defend' them to some level. tareq is certainly one of the ones that didn't get the best portrayal but to call him a moron seems a bit much.

having said that, i am rooting for the currently active reality star i know - naima - and i hope she wins antm

Based on his description at the site for the show, I would have pegged Tarick as the brash one, the one that I was going to dislike.

I've grown to really like him as a voice of reason and a calming influence when things get hot. He also seems to be the first in the ring to congratulate his teammates on their wins and just genuinely happy to be celebrating with them. Just an A+ guy.

I wonder what kind of a fighter he's going to be, though. We haven't seen him much of him sparring or training.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Newbie

Update - Tarick

Tarick called the Howard Stern show this morning asking for people to vote him as a fan favorite.

According to him he is in the best shape ever and the reason he lost to Juan was due to not having enough time to train seeing as he hadn't boxed in 3yrs. BUT he made sure to point out that even though he lost the match he did such a good job to Juan that he quit the competition . OH and he guaranteed a knockout no matter who he boxes

He also mentioned his website www.tarick.com and asked that people go there and vote for him.

I'm on the fence about him......He really didn't strike me as that "INTO" boxing as the other contenders

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast