+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 10/8 finale on at 8pm

FORT Newbie
    Are you kidding me?? There are homes in Los Angeles with NO view and NOT in Mailbu that sell for over 1 million dollars. Homes in nearby cities, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisaides sell for well over what those condos went for. The buyers got a great deal!!

LG.
    the thing that impressed me was that before they got to the auction, they showed that Steve and Nicole took the $5,000 budget they won for winning the kitchen contest and they put it into fixing up their earlier rooms. They redid lousy tile with a uniform Pergo floor all through the condo, spruced up some of their other "last place" rooms and gave the whole place a more polished look. Dave and Ana didn't even bother to finish their kitchen, and a lot of that was just work, not so much costly materials that they lacked when they ran out of time. If they would have made the "finishing" effort that Steve and Nicole did, maybe they would have won (with Brad and Lew's rooms included in their unit). Also, Steve and Nicole may have made more of an effort to sell the place to the bidders. Just like having the penthouse was an advantage, Barney and Rose did have an advantage with the most total square feet, and that was in no way attributable to anything they did.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    oh, and I agree with dejablue that these units were a steal. Most of these were pretty well furnished too, which is usually not included when looking at the $1+ million pricetags on nearby real estate with mostly obstructed views of the ocean, etc.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I own a 3 bdrm HOUSE (with property) that's about the same size, and I paid less than $100,000 for it!! Of course, I live in Canada, not California... but still....
    So, that's like $300 American money right? And I'm not surprised about the pricing as I live in Southern California. My 3 bedroom house is about $600,000 and I am not close to the beach either. So happy B&R lost. Nothing pleasant about them. I did like seeing the evicted people in the crowd for the auction. Would have been nice to hear their thoughts.

Just a small sidebar. I was looking forward to this show because I had really liked TBS's House Rules last year and I thought the Complex would be like that. Yes, I was very disappointed. Anyway, I noticed in another forum that TBS is running another renovating reality show called The Mansion. Yes this is what a renovation show should be like. It is on Sat at 10 am but repeats on Fri morning at 12:30 am. Ridiculous I know but that's what a vcr is for. What gets me is that alot of reality shows advertise on other networks but I heard neither hide not hair about 'The Mansion' until this week, and that is because of someone posting in the home improvement forum. Hope people will read this and give it a try.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345