+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/8 finale on at 8pm

I just cannot believe those units cost more than half a milllion and one went for over a mil considering the units are not that large and they are not houses even...just to live in Malibu by the ocean???
    Where do people make that kind of money to afford these places? Our children will be living in government assisted row houses because jobs are not there like they used to be years ago.

I'm actually happy that Steve & Nicole won, I didn't really like any of the other couples left. Too bad Brad & Lew were knocked out.

Keep in mind that it was Steve & Nicole's unit that was on the top floor (at least I'm pretty sure, so people would be willing to pay more for the privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki
    I just cannot believe those units cost more than half a milllion and one went for over a mil considering the units are not that large and they are not houses even...just to live in Malibu by the ocean???
    Where do people make that kind of money to afford these places? Our children will be living in government assisted row houses because jobs are not there like they used to be years ago.
    Exactly what I thought, Jacki!! I couldn't imagine paying that kind of money for a place to live... and if I did have that kind of money, I'd expect a mansion for $1 million - not a condo... Ugghhh! I own a 3 bdrm HOUSE (with property) that's about the same size, and I paid less than $100,000 for it!! Of course, I live in Canada, not California... but still....

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berries
    I couldn't imagine paying that kind of money for a place to live... and if I did have that kind of money, I'd expect a mansion for $1 million - not a condo... Ugghhh! ....

I totally agree, that is a heck of a lot of money for a condo. WOW! That's expensive. I did think all 4 units looked great and Congrats to Steve and Nicole.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    I'm actually happy that Steve & Nicole won, I didn't really like any of the other couples left. Too bad Brad & Lew were knocked out.

Keep in mind that it was Steve & Nicole's unit that was on the top floor (at least I'm pretty sure, so people would be willing to pay more for the privacy.

I completely agree on the privacy issue. And, S&N's deck is the largest. I was worried about B&R's unit having 3 BRs, but their deck was comparatively tiny. And, Barney and Rose just aren't the types Californians "warm up to," whereas Steve & Nicole are.

All things considered, tho, Brad and Lew are the REAL winners here, hands down.

HEY -- Did anybody notice that one woman (older blonde, hair severely pulled back) bought at least two of the units???

Quote Originally Posted by MargoPolo
    I completely agree on the privacy issue. And, S&N's deck is the largest. I was worried about B&R's unit having 3 BRs, but their deck was comparatively tiny. And, Barney and Rose just aren't the types Californians "warm up to," whereas Steve & Nicole are.

All things considered, tho, Brad and Lew are the REAL winners here, hands down.

HEY -- Did anybody notice that one woman (older blonde, hair severely pulled back) bought at least two of the units???
    Yeah, I noticed that woman too. Some people just have so much money.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Yep, I commented to my husband how the same woman bought two condos. All I can say is lucky!

FORT Newbie
    I don't think most of the people who bought these condo's were actually going to buy it for themselves.

California is going thru a "Buyers Market" paradise. Not enough supply, but a huge demand for housing.

Most people on the show seem to be buying the condo's more as an investment. Those condo's should have gone for more, considering the location and the view.

I think the reason the they didn't go for more was because of the shoddy work on most of them. $500,000 was the starting bid on each condo, but not the actual estimated value of each of the condo. I'm guessing the estimated value of the condo's was taking the design and workmanship of each condo into consideration minus the view and location.

As far as the winning bidders of the units are concerned, 1. This is just an investment. 2. Everything in it is cosmetic, it can be torn down and redone to what real condo is Malibu is suppose to look like.

I say the gal who bought Unit #3 and the couple who got Unit #1 had the better deals. Unit #1 got the privacy, the penthouse, and the closer walk to the garage. This Unit went for what I expected it to for, except for that 1st Master bedroom partition. I still don't like that. Unit #3 had 4 great rooms which pretty much sums up what a buyer in Malibu will be looking for, the owner well only invest less money to fix the kitchen, the patio, and retouch the living room walls.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    The woman who bought the two condos seriously looked like Sharon Stone.

She acted just like her, too. Bouncing around, throwing her head back and laughing.

I could just imagine her getting up on stage and giving one of those friggen sharon stone speeches.

Quote Originally Posted by EhhMon
    I don't think most of the people who bought these condo's were actually going to buy it for themselves.

California is going thru a "Buyers Market" paradise. Not enough supply, but a huge demand for housing.
    I think you mean "sellers market paradise" I agree with you .I don't think most of these people will be living in these condos. If you have enough money to play at bidding wars it's probably because you have enough money to play with;which means they'll rent these out or use them for vaction spots etc.

At least Barney and Rose didn't win. I disliked Sam so much I didn't want to see her win ;I did like Dave ,but not enough to see Sam as one half of a winning team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast