+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion Spoiler Thread

Maybe I am asking too much but this is supposed to be a renovation show. I really wish they could have have one or 2 more camera angles in the bathrooms. I want to see what they look like for more than half a second. Appreciate the pieces used in Scotty and Sam's and Ana and Dave's bathrooms.

I do think Ana is a bit of a design snob and that is where she was having conflicts with Kim in the beginning.

It seems as if Barney and Rose are being cheap as possible with the deck, 3rd bedroom and 2nd bathroom cause they want the money for the big ticket item; the kitchen. Did they buy those cabinets for $24.000? I got the impression that Barney thought they were being ripped of and walked out of the store.

Dave and Ana look as if budget/plan wise they are screwed in regards to the kitchen. Steve and Nicole look as if they are very organized, at least Steve is. (Aren't they girlfriend and boyfriend, Dave and Ana also) I don't think either couple is married. Steve is being way too combative and confrontatinal and derogatory to Nicole. You want this person to help you, you don't cut them off at the knees.

Steve has really turned into a shark. Still I hope his lack of design sense and skill sinks him. It was smart of him to hire contractors, but what is funny is that it didn't really help as their bathroom came in third. HA HA HA.

Is this show on at 9 pm next week????

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    The biggest jerk of the night was Steve ... man, he treats his wife (who is beautiful) like crap. I understand the need to be competitive, but if your wife is having a breakdown .. you need to back off.

When I first started watching, I never thought I would root for Scotty and Sam. But hopefully they win.
    I am afraid that I have to agree. I don't like Sam AT ALL, but she and Scotty have the best relationship of the remaining couples, primarily due to Scotty's good nature.

As far as Apt #1 goes, they are both treating each other badly. They should have used their prize as chance to step away from the show and be nice to each other, but they still picked at each other during it.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Is this show on at 9 pm next week????
    I think so. The online TV grid I use shows it at 8:00 on my Canadian channel and 9:00 on FOX.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Brad and Lew returning? So does this mean they will get a cut of the profits if the Colgate couple win? We all know the blond couple finishes last the majority of the time.

FORT Newbie

Steve and Nicole look as if they are very organized, at least Steve is. (Aren't they girlfriend and boyfriend, Dave and Ana also) I don't think either couple is married.
    Steve and Nicole are engaged, and I *think* they said they went back to high school in the first episode. Ana talks more like they're living together than married? Not sure on them though.

FORT Newbie
    Maybe I am asking too much but this is supposed to be a renovation show. I really wish they could have have one or 2 more camera angles in the bathrooms. I want to see what they look like for more than half a second.
    I totally agree. The design stuff is frustratingly a minor priority for the show. The Fox website is hysterical--they don't have pictures of any of the unfinished parts (the showers of the first bathrooms of Apt. 3 and 4 for example). Maybe because that would have spoiled the next episode.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    The sad part about this show is that to win you are encouraged to only do good enough, not your best. Just don't be the worst. Add value, but not so much that you make a target for eviction of yourself. Then the deadlines are so short, to add additional tension, yet means even more sloppy or unfinished work. TBS' House Rules was much better, in my opinion.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Yeah, I liked House Rules, at least they gve the couples 7 days from Sunday to Saturday. The couples usually took a day to design, day to get the supplies, I mean some are special order so they had to be in early, day to demo and then build, build, build. The products always looked ok.

[QUOTE]Rose is a genius. Harass the people who are judging your condo. lol Veeerry smart.

Barney and Rose, had me rolling about the "Alright, Dave" comments ... lol. I love when people shoot down pretentious people.
    [QUOTE]

Yeah ,what was up with that ? Did you see how pissy Dave looked when Rose kept calling him Dave? Dave sure didn't look happy at all. In fact Dave looked like he could have made diamonds right then and there on the spot if coal were stuck in his butt. Dave looks like a man who is in need of some of that spa treatment Dave and Anna won . Dave ,Dave ,Dave,Dave,Dave.
    Personally, I think if they really want to piss this guy off and watch his head turn around make him blow a gasket they should just go ahead and call him .....Davie. Oh ,Davie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    Rose is a genius. Harass the people who are judging your condo. lol Veeerry smart.

Barney and Rose, had me rolling about the "Alright, Dave" comments ... lol. I love when people shoot down pretentious people.

Yeah ,what was up with that ? Did you see how pissy Dave looked when Rose kept calling him Dave? Dave sure didn't look happy at all. In fact Dave looked like he could have made diamonds right then and there on the spot if coal were stuck in his butt. Dave looks like a man who is in need of some of that spa treatment Dave and Ana won . Dave ,Dave ,Dave,Dave,Dave.
    Personally, I think if they really want to piss this guy off and watch his head turn around make him blow a gasket they should just go ahead and call him .....Davie. Oh ,Davie!!

+ Reply to Thread