+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I taped and just watched the show and I agree that the way the rules are set up are pathetic. The worse players easily get to pick off the good remodeling teams because they are a threat!
    I've thought something was wrong with that concept from the very beginning. Whoever is up for eviction, should come from the losing apartment in my opinion. Last night, it should of been between the geezers and the idiots that work with them. At least female idiot is a little bit tolerable. (I can remember geezers names - Barney & Rose, but I can't for the life of me think of the idiot's names, sorry).

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I was really disappointed to see brad and Lew evicted
    They were the only couple that actually had the skills and talent. I agree with the others the rules in this show suck big time! :phhht
    Barney and rose totally annoy me now, they really turned out be different than the sweet older couple I thought they were in the beginning. I don't really care for the rest of the couples, Scotty and Sam aren't too bad, but I was rooting for Brad and Lew.

I was rooting for Brad and Lew
    I wasn't able to watch the show last night and didn't set the VCR right so I was surprised to hear that Lew and Brad were evicted. Rose and Barney have been riding their coat-tails the entire show. That's the only reason Barney and Rose were still there. Seems like B and R are trying to win no matter who they step on. They have no talent so they play sneaky. Boo!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Buncha crap.

Of course we'll watch the stupid ending to this show, only cause there's nothing else on at that time. That's the ONLY way FOX is keeping my household watching til the end.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyes Only
    I've thought something was wrong with that concept from the very beginning. Whoever is up for eviction, should come from the losing apartment in my opinion. Last night, it should of been between the geezers and the idiots that work with them. At least female idiot is a little bit tolerable. (I can remember geezers names - Barney & Rose, but I can't for the life of me think of the idiot's names, sorry).

David and Ana.

I am sick of him.. Ana KINDA has her own brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Buncha crap.

Of course we'll watch the stupid ending to this show, only cause there's nothing else on at that time. That's the ONLY way FOX is keeping my household watching til the end.

Joan of Arcadia, Maveno.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

What was it the judge-lady said? "When I come to Malibu I don't want to sit on the couch and look at the TV, I want to look at the view."

Let me go on record as saying that was a stupid comment that only proves she doesn't live here. Newsflash--we watch TV in Malibu too and it would get darn uncomfortable if the couches were always pointed toward the window. I'd get a crick in my neck. That's why my couch points at the TV! :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    What was it the judge-lady said? "When I come to Malibu I don't want to sit on the couch and look at the TV, I want to look at the view."

Let me go on record as saying that was a stupid comment that only proves she doesn't live here. Newsflash--we watch TV in Malibu too and it would get darn uncomfortable if the couches were always pointed toward the window. I'd get a crick in my neck. That's why my couch points at the TV! :rolleyes
    I think when the contestents do the furniture layout they have to take into consideration that they have to lay it out like a model home, as if real people don't live there. Although both Bard and Lew's and the idiots in apt 4 had their couches facing the same way, toward the view I don't ubderstand why B&L kept their curtains closed cause it blocked out the view???

I just wish they would redo this show with different rules and people. That real estate guy, all that ever comes out of his mouth is that things looks as if they were in prison. Perphaps his has spent too much time in one on charges of bad design.

You have a good point Bearcata. It just bugs me to death though when people (like the judges) who clearly don't live here perpetuate snobby stereotypes about the real Malibu they know nothing about. A few weeks ago--we don't use plywood in Malibu? Now we arrange our furniture to look out the window because we are into our Malibu Life to the exclusion of normalcy. It's actually a very laid back, friendly, family-oriented community. Our kids play soccer on Saturdays too. My kids don't spend their free time surfing, they spend it playing Gameboy.

What really defines Malibu is not that it is some sort of snooty "Exclusive Celebrity Enclave", but that everyone here made a conscious decision to isolate themselves from Los Angeles. In other words, it's a small town within driving distance of LA. Moving here adds an automatic 30-45 minutes to any commute, by virtue of the 10 miles of PCH that separates real Malibu from Pacific Palisades/ Santa Monica, or 12 miles of narrow, winding Malibu Canyon or Kanan Rd that separates us from the valleys. One thing that really bugs me about the Complex is that they are acting all "Malibu Stereotype" about what they are doing, and yet they are so far south that there is no isolation where they are at all. They are literally 50 feet from Pacific Palisades, which is just another upscale LA community. Half the beach shots they show aren't even Malibu, they are Santa Monica. So, it irritates me when they start spouting off about the way "we" do things in Malibu.

Sorry, can you tell I'm a little sensitive about Malibu stereotypes?

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I like this show, but I can't stand the contestants. Barney and Rose disgusts me (as does Ana's husband, she's not TOO bad.) I am so upset that Brad/Lew are gone. My only hope is that now that Barney & Rose are on their own that they will crash and burn. Rose can't do any work and they both have awful taste. At this point I'm cheering for Upper Complex (either one of them will do.)
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast