+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Property Manager Conundrum

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar

Property Manager Conundrum

Ok, so yesterday we saw that the PM gets no vote in eviction. However, we also saw that the PM gets no additional benefit. It wasn't as if the PM won a vacation or extra money if their team won that week. They got nothing and only risked putting their necks on the line if they were to lose.

So why be a PM? Seriously, next week it's going to be like hot potato with the job. I wouldn't want it.

This game is convoluted and confusing enough. I was flipping in and out at first and I could not understand the whole 2 teams to a floor, 2 floors to a...team (?) rule at first. The whole PM role is just tossed in there for added complexity. Either get rid of it or add incentive.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Yeah, I expected them to say that the couples with the property managers could not be voted out. But then I thought that that would not be fair. I don't know what they could do. Maybe give the PM's the leftover cash!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I agree! Very strange that they're basically "alienated" from everything and they're the one(s) stuck with money issues, babysitting, settling arguments, debating with the other PM, etc..

I thought that they'd have the two PM's be something like the "deciding factor" between the two elected eviction teams. Debate it out with each other in which team should go.
    That would be more interesting and fair IMO.

The way it is now, I don't see it as being very fair.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Yeah, That threw me . Somehow was a little to funky for me to figure out last night without a beer in my hand.

FORT Newbie

What incentive?

I agree. I think it is no coincidence that the two property manager teams were the ones who were "put up" for eviction in this first episode. They were the two teams with only one vote. I think it was a bit unfair that they were not told this before agreed to be property managers. I think the PM should get SOME value--sort of like the Head of Household in Big Brother.

Maybe they'll throw in a twist next time. Draw straws for PM, then Tyler announces that this week's PM's have immunity.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    I think the property manager should be the one who puts two couples up for eviction (similar to BB) or something. Right now the PM is a sitting duck.

FORT Newbie
    no, so far it definitely sucks to be PM! i can't imagine it would play out like that!
    maybe next week the remaining PM gets some advantage???

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Unfortunately, as in life, it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. Obviously it's not something that anyone is going to jump at now that they know that they won't get a vote. I mean, the other teams obviously saw it as an opportunity to get ahead, as both property managers were put up for eviction.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I think if one of the 2 gay men (sorry, I forgot their names) were Property Manager, they wouldn't have been evicted for the mere fact that they were so much help to everyone else. Sure, they're strong competition. But, the weaker players used their expertise to get their work completed.

Maybe the 2 Property Managers were just annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast